Register

Is he lodging a protest?

Understand why your rabbits behave the way they do - and what you can do about it.
Site Admin
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,334.00

Re: Is he lodging a protest?

Post Number:#16  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:02 pm

How about a covered litter box like you would use for a cat?
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 56,225.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby Miss M » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Maybe you're right and he's just decided he likes doing it and making a mess. The last couple of days, he's dug a bunch of his litter out before it's even night, so I haven't covered the front of his cage.

That's a thought about the litter box, Maggie... trying not to have too many expenses, though. Eventually, I would love to go litterless like a lot of y'all are. Next time I change his litter, I will put less in and see what happens.

At least he isn't peeing into the tray anymore. He had gotten to where he would get into the litter box, but hang his hinderparts over the edge and pee into the tray. :roll: When I moved him, I turned the box so that the higher side was where he used to do that, so if he hung over, at least he'd hit the middle of the tray instead of the edge.

So since I discovered he isn't getting the tray wet, I removed the plastic bag and newspaper I was lining it with. Cleanup is a lot easier now.

Maybe he's mad because I rotated the tray. Or maybe he's taken a sudden liking to digging. Or maybe his peeing over the edge and into the tray wasn't an accident, and he's just a rebel trying to play with me. :x :lol:
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

Site Admin
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,334.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby MaggieJ » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:09 am

Watch at yard sales this spring after you move and get settled in. People often buy those covered litter boxes for cats and then find that their picky feline prefers her old open box.
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 56,225.00

Post Number:#19  Unread postby Miss M » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:35 am

That's true... cats can be pretty picky. That's a great idea, thank you Maggie!!
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

Previous