You be the judge: is this 100% Dried & Sifted Rabbit Manure?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hoodat":2tqypxbv said:
The only trouble (if you can call it that) is that worms love it so much it disappers in a hurry but it sure produces a lot of worms.

Love what so much? The DE or the bunnyberries?

Miss M I've used it for flies, too. They were roosting in the rafters of the bunnybarn at night, and I used my Dustin-mizer (powder blower) to coat them and the rafters, and within a couple of days they were gone. Our grey mare gets attacked by the little cattle flies, and the DE works far better than fly spray. Hung in a burlap bag in the pasture, livestock will actually self treat themselves by bumping it, but I haven't tried that yet. They'd probably eat the bag! The chickens like to dust bathe in it. I also blast it on any plants that have aphids, but only before they flower because it kills pollinators as well. Mixed with your grain it will kill weevils and moths. Every so often the kids and I will take it for a couple months ourselves, as an internal cleanse.

We had bedbugs one year from the maternal bat colony that nests in our roof (drat them! :) ) and sprinkled it around the bed and along the baseboards, as well as the bat's access to their "grotto" in hopes they'd self treat, and it killed those little bloodsuckers too (bugs, not bats!)... but not before they had a couple of meals from us- well, mostly ME! This year we didn't have any bedbugs, although the bats returned despite the expanding foam Hubs used to keep them out... so I guess it worked for them too!

Back