I scored....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
An in good shape laundry tub.
typical plastic one, with two holes for hot/cold water. Intact drain with the x in the hole still entire. On legs.

Hubby thought when he saw it....good for my butchering rabbits. :)

So Now I need to figure out how to retrofit it.

Needs to be relatively inexpensive to do and something that "I" can do.

I want to make a rack for hanging.
Need to figure out something to use on top so I don't have to bend all the way down to the bottom when cleaning out the rabbit.
hoping to find a freezer rack to use to hang inside if I can find one short enough.

thoughts? recommendations?

Whatever I do I want it to be light enough that I can still move it out of the rabbit tent in the summer, but still use inside in the winter.

I am SO Hoping that I can retrofit it enough that I don't have to shift a ton of stuff as I do now when I butcher rabbits. :)

It should be very useful. I'm having a little trouble figuring out what you have in mind and so am not sure what to suggest. Can you give a bit more detail?

One idea that comes immediately to mind is a cutting board made to fit the width of the laundry tub. It should have strips of wood attached to the bottom on left and right that fit inside the tub to keep it from slipping while in use. Having a garden hose attached for water supply would be great too when using it outdoors. A frame made from 2x4s from which you can hang the rabbits for skinning should be handy... It would need to be fixed to something pretty solid, but if you used bolts and wing nuts it could be moved seasonally. Maybe a drain hose to take the water away to a handy garden bed. Blood is a great nitrogen source (think blood meal)... why waste it?

well for that matter I could set it over a raised bed....good thinking there maggie :)

So I need a wash board.... hmm....wonder when garage saling this summer if I can find a couple of old cookie sheets. those would be easily washable. :)

cut them to size and put bolts through the side of the tub to make a sitting rack for cleaning them.

that might damage the overall integrity of the wash basin though.....
Or to the strips of wood OR get hubby to weld holders...he'd do that for me.

Back