What color is Donna's runt?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katduck

Reaction score
Here is the runt from Donna's litter at 3 weeks old. It's growing fine, just smaller than the others. I call him Gorgeous George. :D The rest of the litter is all blue or maybe even lilac torts. What color is this? Is it a version of the black or chocolate tort? Donna is Chocolate Satin. Sire is Blue Pearl French Angora.

001.jpg
002.jpg

Yes, he is looking more and more like the black tort from the first litter. It's so funny how you can breed the same two rabbits together and get such different results. The first pairing of Donna and Twitch resulted in 9 with 3 smut, 3 torts of different colors, a blue, a sable point and a sable. This second pairing she had 11 and 4 were smuts, 1 black tort and all the rest are the same color tort (either blue or lilac).

Kat

I think that the correct term. They are white with just a little grey on the nose, maybe a little on the outsides of the ears.

Katduck":2l3ynd9e said:
I think that the correct term. They are white with just a little grey on the nose, maybe a little on the outsides of the ears.

Sort of like a blue Himalayan or Californian or sealpoint?

Yes, but not complete. Donna has a California Satin in her background and I figure that's where it comes from. But it's not a nice full presentation, just a dirty nose.

Back