Houston Livestock Show

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamsFamilyFarm

Reaction score
Well, we didn't make the cut yesterday. Both kid's meat pens got cut pretty quickly. They only keep 30 pens out of over 100. We did get some good feedback though. When the judge went back through to tell us what needed to be fixed, he couldn't seem to remember why he cut our daughter's pen. We had 2 really good ones, then one not so good. One of them he said was really good. It happens to be a doe, so we are keeping her to breed later. The rest are going to freezer camp. We did the best we could with what we had. We only had 8 bunnies to pull 2 pens of 3 out of. Not too bad for our first show. Thank you all for your help these last few months. I don't know what I would have done without you!

oh I'm sorry you didn't make the cut but what an experience :)

glad you got useful feedback too :)

me too!! me too!! Sorry you didn't make the cut, but happy you got good feedback.

Anytime you show anything you learn and hopefully have fun :) It's good to see the winners and top animals. Train the eye to know what it is that the judges want.

Sorry about your luck. However, that's the thing with meat pens. Even if they don't make the cut together as a group, there still may be some great rabbits in there! My first year with a meatpen, I didn't place. But the judge told me that each one of my pen of three would be great rabbits, they just weren't uniform enough

Hint: The trick the uniformity is line/inbreeding....

Back