Selling Rabbit Manure

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rabbit manure is excellent fertilizer, rabbit manure nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium content is much higher than that of cattle, sheep, chicken droppings, rabbit manure can improve soil structure.

I am filling up my greenhouse beds completely with rabbit manure, alfalfa leftovers, and oat hulls this year with just a bit of soil mixed in to hold it all together. There will probably be a lot of weeds from the grains, but I figure it will just go back to the rabbits anyway.

Just a thought from a newby . Since rabbit manure is so "special" why not explore another "special" market ? I knew a fella a while back that approached the rose growers market . He said they would kill for it . Also perhaps orchid growers would want the "best" stuff they can get .I remember years ago when Bat droppings were considered "The Holy Grail" of plant food . People were paying lots of money for it to feed their house plants . Sometimes people just don't know how good a product can be for them . Soooo if you can't find a market ..... create one .

If you have a place to set up a compost pile or two you will get more for well composted rabbit manure than for fresh and it has little or no smell so people like it better.

a sweet local market owner has been giving away burlap coffee bags (I think she receives her ceramic pots wrapped in them) and I got over a car-full. I am thinking of making bunny bean manure tea bags and seeing if they go at market. We have a nice little farmers market and I am doing a work-share for their CSA also.

tomcatrabbitry":2l4c6c9q said:
Would you still be able to use pine shavings in your trays? Or is it more desireable not to use anything in the trays and just to sell the berries and whatnot?
I wouldn't use pine shavings if it's meant for garden use. Wood can be very slow to break down. If your rabbits are anything like mine there will be enough wasted hay coming through the bottom of the wires to take care of it. If you are using 1/2X1/2 on the floors it may not come through but you can gather the wasted hay from the cage and toss it into the trays.

wood shavings + raised beds or compost bins + rabbit poop = happy worms

add to that... hay, household leftovers, and what not.. and you have VERY happy, very reproductive worms. Which...YOU can sell. Guy here about one hour from me sells a three gallon pail of mixed waste with worms for $25-35 (depending on how much waste is in the bin).

Rabbit manure is the best for fertilizer and is in high demand. I use a lot of it in gardening. I use no commercial fertilizers. Rabbit manure is the only one you can put directly on your plants without composting first. I dig a deep trench for seeds, fill it most of the way up with manure, plant the seeds directly on the manure, then cover with soil. I have great vegetables and sell the excess at farmer's markets. The only thing that destroys the value of the manure is having hay in it. No one wants the weed seeds in the garden, plus the stems don't break down fast enough.

No market here, but I'm wondering, what about guinea pig poo, is it hot or safe?

I put a Taro root(Elephant Ear plant) into some rabbit manure this summer-- sad to say-- I had to remove it-- the nitrogen levels were too high for it, and it was burning...

So I get a call from a guy wanting to buy half a truck bed of rabbit manure....what would you charge for this?

I've just been giving it away, no one wants to buy it here, no one wants to pay for anything around here, that's just the way it is.

Giving it AWAY??? (Reels in horror!) Start spreading it on your garden beds and along the fence line where you are planning on growing bunny weeds. Not too close to the fence since you have dogs- since they run the fence lines you should leave them a path behind your weed beds so they don't trample it all. You can plant directly into piles of compostable stuff, just dig a little depression where you want to plant seeds or seedlings and fill with compost/dirt. By the end of the season even a small mound will be almost fully composted.

I have to give mine away too! Mostly though I just spread it around the trees and flowers. I cant put it in the backyard because the dogs like bunny berries! :sick:

MamaSheepdog":1g4cv5sx said:
Giving it AWAY??? (Reels in horror!) Start spreading it on your garden beds and along the fence line where you are planning on growing bunny weeds. Not too close to the fence since you have dogs- since they run the fence lines you should leave them a path behind your weed beds so they don't trample it all. You can plant directly into piles of compostable stuff, just dig a little depression where you want to plant seeds or seedlings and fill with compost/dirt. By the end of the season even a small mound will be almost fully composted.

I've used all I can. I have a nice yard for the city but not a large garden, it's mostly for the dogs. They run the yard, fence line and all, they trampl everything from the edge of the fence to the driveway, and pee on the fence. Weeds are dead because of pee, all round the edges of the yard. No weeds grow there, no grass. Besides they will just eat it anyway. I can't spread too much, the neighbors would complain about the smell, and it takes a while to simmer down. My backyard is my neighbors front yard.

im trading my manure for veggies from a couple that sell veggies at farmers market. or donate it to our cities community garden

TRIED selling by bag for 1.00 for 50lb bag of it and by 8 ft truck bed heaped in 50.00 deliver with in 20 miles of house round trip, 1.00 more per mile out farther or you come and got for $25.00 what ever you could fit on your truck, giving away aka you come cart it off take as much as you want...neither worked. So its been heaped all winter and being spread out for garden plots this year. Usually use it in the garden any way, but never this much. I've never had a problem putting lettuce, corn, etc straight into it...course its never 'fresh' and has been limed before use.

Latest posts

Back