Just so pleased

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
You know how they say...nasty doe, nasty offspring (when it comes to kindling issues).

Cora, a standoffish doe, out of a standoffish doe who was dangerous when she had kits. Star was nasty enough she'd jump out of a cage to nail you when she had kits.

So I kept Cora back and handled her a bunch as a kit, and as she became more standoffish, gave her space as an adult. I was somewhat worried about what she'd be like as a mom.

If she hadn't growled tonight I wouldn't have known that she kindled. I reached in to give her pellets and she growled and slightly lunged, but nothing major. I turned away and said... hold on... kits maybe?

An adequate nest in the box. ALL FUR in the box, not even one tuft of fur out of the box. So clean I never would have noticed if she hadn't growled.

seven born, one DOA.

She's a chocolate magpie harlequin doe. Kits are out of old Jack. I'm pleased to get six viable kits as Jack is getting somewhat unreliable in the production end of things. :) Kits I think are a mix of colours at this point.

she didn't try to bite!!!! ah, tis so lovely!!! :)

Back