Rebreeding...again...*sigh*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
So, after palpating Mocha and feeling nothing.... :( I put her in with Stu and she lifted right away for him three times. I put her back in about an hour later and she lifted again twice. Tried to put her in again later in the day and she was NOT having it! Grunting, squealing, running....so I took her out. She was mightily ticked off :evil: Fingers crossed that she took this time.... :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:

Hang in there Shannon, this time around you are gonna be exploding with popples! I can feel it!!! :lol: Crossing fingers and toes for you!! :clover: :clover: :clover:

Good Luck! Fingers crossed for lots of popples for you.

I just bred my mini rex, boy was she willing!

There are two separate problems (at least) that can cause does to miss. One is that the mating is completed but the doe does not conceive. The buck may be sterile or the doe may have internal fat or other problems.

The second scenario is that the doe does not lift and the mating is not completed. The usual reason is that the doe is not receptive.

Sometimes these problems are nutritional. Many people have found that tweaking the rabbits' diet for a couple of weeks can make a difference. Vitamins A and E are vital for reproduction. Although these are added to rabbit feed, both are easily lost through excessive heat or poor storage.

BOSS (sunflower seeds) are a good source of Vitamin E. Parsley and other dark leafy greens are rich in Vitamin A. If the problem is a nutritional one, these supplements, given for about two weeks, should help.

Thanks, Maggie! I will pick up some BOSS on the way home. Mine "do the deed" just fine, but no babies. I don't think they are fat, my biggest two does are 9.5lbs and I can still feel rounded bumps on the spines...we shall see...

Latest posts

Back