production life, av. litter size (satin breeders please!!!)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SterlingSatin

Reaction score
i have a 3 1/2 year old doe that is starting to lose more kits every time she breeds. her litter sizes haven't really gone down, but she'll lose more kits. she'll have 6 and 4 survive... or she'll have 5 and 4 survive. anyway, how long do your does produce for? especially you satin breeders... how long do you keep your does? she's on her 6th litter right now. also, satin breeders, how big are your litter sizes? my doe has never had more than 6. i know thats pretty small, but she's a small doe. she never made minimum weight but she produces rabbits that have all made minimum weight easily, and sometimes closer to maxing out senior weight. what are your litter sizes?

I have had a few Satins that had ten twelve and even thirteen
and have raised them to weaning. For the most part the average eight kits per breeding.
During this past HOT weather we've been having the litters have been very small.
like three and four, maybe six. I attribute it to the extreme heat and possible
minimal sterility of the Bucks. By keeping them working the blanks get out quicker.
Usually Rabbits that are unable to make senior weight is due to early breeding.
All of their growth efforts go into raise the kits, thus stunting their growth.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Back