What would you call this color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artios

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows what to call the color on this little one? Is it broken orange? No idea what the parents were, she was a farm store easter bunny.

baby picture
cadbury.jpg

taken just a few minutes ago
bunny.jpg

I apologize for the poor pic quality. I was trying to get a good shot of her just sitting there like the baby shot, but she's only interested in rubs and loves when I open the cage door and I couldn't get her to show her back stripe otherwise. Had to toss in a treat to distract her. :lol:

Broken Orange / red which is really dependent on which breed you have what you call it.

In Mini Rex it's called Red, in Netherlands it's called orange. So if you don't know the breed you can take your pick for what you want to call it.

I thought that there were both oranges and reds in some breeds?

That definitely looks more orange than red to me.

Orange and red are both full colour. red/orange can be either black based or chocolate based which accounts for the vast differences on colour.. also the amount of rufous mods./wideband /etc. that go along with that. Sorry I thought it was some sort of Polish/cross so just used the the red term. Unless its a lot bigger than it looks? :)

ok I am gunna say strictly on the markings and ears that its a gold and is a english spot cross cause if you look at it the color is almost perfect and the markings resemble those of a poorly marked english spot

i'm going to agree with RunninMI that its a darker-than-normal gold english spot. i know people with spots and that is definitely my best guess.

Latest posts

Back