The bite is healing!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Yippee!! Finally, after weeks of babying it, and having the doc add a couple of stitches, drain it, baby some more...the area has stopped throbbing and the feeling is coming back to those fingers! :bananadance2: I don't have to have it wrapped up like a mummy hand, either!

Taught me to be REALLY careful, I must say. Just wanted to share the happy times :)

WEeeeeeellll. Kind of embarrassing, but here goes.

I picked up Chocolate Bunny, and she was NOT pleased. Normally she just settles down once she's in your arms, but for some reason she struggled a little and bit the outside of my left hand...right below where the pinkie finger joins the hand. She GNAWED on me. I didn't drop her, and at the time, while it hurt...it wasn't OMG I"M GOING TO DIE pain. She bit thru a nice chunk, kind of sideways. Eventually I noticed the blood (lots of it). Got her a mini groom so she didn't learn she got off scott free when she bites...put her back down...and hit the first aid kit.

After a week of it not getting better, I went to the DR. She flushed the bite, game me a shot, and wrapped it back up. Spent another month babying the thing. Apparently CB nicked the tendon 'cuz I had lost the use of the finger. Eventually it started to cme back, things started to heal. And now I have removd the wrapping and the chunk of skin is all healed back in place. :)

Since then she hasn't bit me. But then, I'm a LOT more careful. When I pick her up, her head is firmly tucked in the crook of my arm.

Yeow! Gracious, what a bite! I hadn't really thought about the damage rabbit bites can inflict. I'd been nipped, but that's it. So, I really am actually glad you told us about this, because I will have it in mind whenever I pick up Pearl. I will show it to my daughter, too.

Hope it heals really well!!!

Yikes!!! Glad to hear you're on the mend! Thankfully I haven't gotten more than scratches and an exploratory nip or two. I would seriously be considering the stew pot for any rabbit that actually bit on purpose and drew blood!

Wow, glad to hear you are doing better, that is terrible. I agree with Trinityoaks, I would be thinking of dinner if I was bitten that badly, my goodness!

Lauren

ehhe. ;) I've thought about it! She's a gorgeous color Angora, and was a really really great Mom the first time out (last November). She IS getting better. I figure about the time we get her used to being picked up and actually liking it...I'll breed her again and she'll turn into Wild Woman again :D

FLB is quite sweet now. and FLUFFY. Time to PLUCK!! She's also gained back her nice plump form, so she's ready to produce some more kits :D .... hmmmm...just occurred to me...she heavy in the abdomen....cripes. The girls were out of the colony all of one night...and trufflebee is on ground level.....oh bother :(

Just what I need. Jersey Wooly crossed with English/French angora :roll:

They'll all be black, too. I know it. Well...mittens and a hat to go with th sweater I can knit from this last batch, I guess. Probably have blocky heads, SHORT ears, but with loads of ear furnishings/hair/whatever it's called. One thing for sure tho, they'll have guard hair up the wazoo.

Back