buyers I appreciate

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
talked on the phone for 1/2 hour.
asked a TON of questions.
came and talked some more.

her daughter fell in love with a broken holland lop kit.

her daughter is FIVE and listened like she was 9, asked good questions and did her best to answer mine.

they went home happy.

I thoroughly enjoy talking with pet people who take the time to ask and answer questions. Makes my day. :)

I had a five year old like that. They are a blessing and a half. I thank God for her every day--she has just gotten better every year.

Lucky. My exchanges usually go:

"We are interested in rabbits"
"Do you want them for meat, pet or show?"
"We'd like some of those brown ones you posted. Do you have any left?"
"I have some chestnut agouti mutts"
"We'll take those and we want to pick them up tonight" -person actually has no idea what I just said.

*chase down some chestnuts from the colony and put them in cages*
*people arrive*
"Wow those are big rabbits." -all my breeds, crosses, purpose I bred them for, colors available, and likely adult weight are in every ad I post
"They are crosses for meat"
"Do those black ones get smaller? Can we have those instead?"
"Yes those are mini rex. These are for sale"
"good we'll take 4"
*person pulls out single large dog kennel from van*
"ugh you can't put those all together or they will fight"
"rabbits fight?"

Realizing they don't know a thing I then spend the next hour informing them how to care for rabbits, the colors, breeding if they want to, etc... only to possibly have them leave and not buy any rabbits because they decide they don't want to go through the effort of properly housing them.

I praise your efforts!
I always feel that I talk possible buyers ears off,
I enjoy talking Rabbits! I give an information page or two
and spend hours splainin as many of the do's and dont's
as I can about rabbit care. I implore them to call or email
me should they have any problem. Explaining that it is usually
not a problem at all.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

We haven't had any litters yet, but all the people interested have been great for me! I did, though, have one ask to breed her Dutch to one of our Netherland Dwarf bucks, I was very proud of myself. I let her know that he was just a co-owned reference buck, and that he wasn't too quality, and I wouldn't suggest breeding to him (Frank Edwin Wright IV - Black VM buck) and if she did want to breed, her rabbit should be fully pedigree'd and should only be bred to a fully pedigree'd quality buck, or else she's just putting more potential mix-breed "junk" rabbits out into the world of thousands of unwanted rabbits. I never got a reply from her, but hopefully she will know better then to bring more unwanted rabbits into this world

but hopefully she will know better then to bring more unwanted rabbits into this world

sorry...but unwanted bunnies?

Depends ENTIRELY on what people are looking for right?

and quite frankly...everybunny is wanted...some just in different ways. :) I'll happily put most any rabbit into a food mix of some sort...for myself, for critters, for compost (if sick and inedible). So the "want" may be different than what is hoped for, but the want is still present and accounted for ANY bunny. :)

I read on another forum that meat buyers are needing rabbits.they are getting less rabbits because people are breeding less because the pet market is soo slow.

Latest posts

Back