Help me get the color I am trying for....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatzNetherlands

Reaction score
I am really trying for lilac and lilac silver martens.....

So, what are my best colors for that?

Currently I have(not including my two orange/broken orange buns):

Bucks: Blue Self, Chocolate Self, Broken Siamese Sable
Does: Blue Self, Chocolate Otter, Black Silver Marten, and Siamese Smoke Pearl Marten

I have pedigrees on everyone(except the SSPM), so I can post generation colors on any of the rest of them....

Our SSPM was supposed to be lilac silver marten but has made a oh so obvious change! LOL There is no question now but it is a color I would really like to get...

IIRC... Lilac is the dilute of Chocolate. ( Blue being the ditute of Black) So somehow You would need to bring in a dilute gere to Your chocolates. Perhaps the Chocolate self bred to the Blue ???

Memory is a bit rusty so corrections welcome ! RR

I occaisonally get lilac out of my chocolates.I would breed choc to choc otter and blue to choc.If your black silver martin doe carries choc i would breed her too the choc buck too.because one of the parents has too carry the silvermartin gene.the blue too choc could get you lilacs but not lilac silver martins.its a dilute soo it may not appear in every litter even if its carried.

You need 4 things to come together in one kit: Chocolate; Dilute; tan pattern; chinchilla :)

PS You can not have a siamese smoke pearl martin.. smoke pearl is the the dilute of siamese sable; in other words a blue siamese sable, but a single rabbit cannot be both dilute and full colour!

I will post pics of her tomorrow.... Maybe you can tell me what she is.... She was supposed to be a lilac silver marten but definitely changed from that! LOL She is a sweetie regardless, but I would like to know what color she actually is!

Back