What color is my Himalayan?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saidinjester

Reaction score
Here's my new 2 month old Himalayan buck "Sweet D", he was the runt of the litter when I bought him, about half the size of his brothers and sisters and while they had already shed out and were white bodied with their color in the right spots, he hasn't shed out yet and is kind of greyish/tan all over the place. I'm just curious as to which type of Himalayan you all think he is, I know there are several color varieties.... but don't know much more than that. So I'm curious... thanks in advance :D

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

His points are just coming in, he must have been very chilled when he was born though.. He will shed soon he is a little young yet and obviously much slower developing is all. Most probably black Himi unless you can tell what the parents were?

Devon's Mom Lauren":lhbprudn said:
His points are just coming in, he must have been very chilled when he was born though.. He will shed soon he is a little young yet and obviously much slower developing is all. Most probably black Himi unless you can tell what the parents were?

I honestly don't know what the parents were, I got him from a breeder about 2 hrs away and I never saw them, my sister picked him out for me. I liked him best because he was "different" haha. He is definitely going to shed soon, there are patches of white showing through on his sides now and it looks like he's wearing white eye liner. His nose is very gray and looks like it will stay that way, in my opinion.

Took these today:

get-attachment-3-2.jpg

get-attachment-5-1.jpg

get-attachment-2-1.jpg

Devon's Mom Lauren":pxjh8h9o said:
He's soo cute!! You don't see too many Himilayans!!!

Thanks! I picked him because I heard that they had great temperaments, and so far so good. He's so friendly and loves attention. He's been handled since he was born and I can do whatever I want to him and he just lays there. I'm in love. And he's spoiled rotten! :D

Back