when do REW eyes turn red?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eco2pia

Staff member
Reaction score
So I have some 2.5 week old babies, 4 of which are white. Their eyes are open, but they look black, like everyone else's. I assume it is because they are young, though the genetic possibility exists for frosties or charlies as well. When would I start to see the REW ruby eyes? Right away, or does it take time to develop?

Right away it's hard to mistake a rew for anything but a rew. You'll literally see these glowing red eyes looking at you from the nest lol.

holy cow they are definitely something else then!! Not even a hint of red, I thought at first it was just dark and their eyes weren't all the way open, but now they are out of the nest box and everything. fun!

I'm betting they are frosties, even a red based charlie should be showing some color by now and I have 2 chinchillas in the sister's litter.

Yep my rew just opened it's eyes and only has little slits visible. They are still definitely red.

Latest posts

Back