I want some KFC!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
and I want it NOW! Original recipe. With THREE biscuits. And mashed potatoes and GRAVY! and Coleslaw.

arrrrghghghghghhhh...

sigh

I'll just have my little piece of poached fish with some lemon squeezed on it. maybe a few greenbeans. and some cottage cheese later.

anyone else get cravings for food you KNOW you can't have for whatever reason? (I'm losing weight..I NEED to lose weight, and I'm doing really well...but tonight I just REALLY want some KFC)

have some soup too
:lookout:

actually we (hubby and me) just started back on hard core diet .. though diet isn't really the right word - healthy eating
we've done it before when hubby had a health scare and he needs to repeat

so no refined sugar in the house and little sugar generally
reduced fat
no processed food

yes it's going to kill me! I have a terrible sweet and salt tooth ...

I can honestly say I've never had a KFC craving. I'm on a personal mission to eradicate fast-food from the face of the earth -- if you can get it from a drive through, IMHO, you shouldn't be eating it.

But hey, that's me. :)

We're having roast chicken, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob tonight, Ann -- every bit of it grown right here on my property. I know it's not the KFC that you're craving, but you're welcome to come and join us -- dinner will be on the table in an hour... think you can make it?

Brody -- I can post my recipe for roasted soy nuts if you like -- super simple, healthy and you can flavor them however you like (our favorite is Italian seasoning and sea-salt).

an hour? well crud. I just ate soup. nice veggie soup. Your dinner sounds wonderful :)

and Lady..my goodness....all kinds of invites. I suspect we're going to have a WONDERFUL time eating at the PAAAARRRr-TTEEEE!!

I munch on almonds, soynuts, and pumpkin seeds during the day. CathleenC over on HT gave me some dehydrated Zucchini slices one time....she soaks them first in worcestershire...then dehydrates. They crunch like potato chips and taste FANTASTIC. she said she actually likes the ones with cayenne and worcestershire better...but she was all out.

I discovered dehydrated zucchini slices in the last week of the zucchini season. :( Mine were just plain, but I can see the potential for dressing them up. They were wonderful... and great for either low-cal or low-carb. I liked the yellow ones much better than the green and I'll be planting extras this year so I can make a ton of chips for winter. Perfect for snacking on insomnia nights!

KFC... not my favourite fast food. I prefer pizza. Haven't had ANY fast food for over a year and I don't miss it all that much.

The only thing I've ever craved at KFC is the cole slaw, but I've been burned a few times when it was "off," so it's easier to resist.

Those zucchini chips sound good. Evidently, cravings for salty, crunchy things indicate tension. Really? I figure that if you're not experiencing any stress you're probably dead.

Anyway, I bought a big bag of popping corn and am going to try making corn nuts. Evidently, they became popular when peanuts were rationed during WWII. I don't quite like the taste of soy nuts.

Anntann":2jekrlsu said:
I've had corn nuts here...it's a kernel of corn that's coated with "taste" and then baked...at least that's what it tastes like. very hard.

maybe I'm thinking of something else, tho.

No, that's pretty much it, Ann - you soak the kernels and then either deep fry them (for shame!!!) or season and bake. They're sort of like the kernels that only semi-pop when you make popcorn.

I could use a salty/crunchy treat right now. It was a strange day: with the weather so awful, I've spent more time online than usual. Oddly, Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe is much on my mind today ;)

Meh, I'm not a KFC fan. Now, Popeye's chicken, on the other hand. . . (I guess you can get it only in the southern U.S. from about Texas eastward.) Love that Cajun chicken and SHRIMP!

trinityoaks":3bcaftc2 said:
Meh, I'm not a KFC fan. Now, Popeye's chicken, on the other hand. . . (I guess you can get it only in the southern U.S. from about Texas eastward.) Love that Cajun chicken and SHRIMP!

I'm surprised Popeye's has managed to stay afloat since my father died. I truly thought he was the major part of their business! :lol:

Wish I could help you with some sort of seasoning advice to make your own baked version of KFC, Ann... but when they say it's a secret blend, they mean it. I used to work for KFC. There are three different places that each blend part of the seasonings for their chicken. None of them knows what the other two blend, and the fourth place that gets it all to put it together has no idea what the three things they are blending contain, and in what amounts. Pretty wild.

I'm okay today. phew. close one tho! ;) We HAD a popeye's here..but it went under. There are a couple just south of us a bit. I do like their popcorn shrimp...oh my...yummy. I have a good friend who drives 90 minutes down the interstate to get to a popeye's for the livers. ewwwwwy. BUT..she loves them.

Today..so far...no cravings. :D But it's early yet!!

Miss M":21w97tbm said:
Wish I could help you with some sort of seasoning advice to make your own baked version of KFC, Ann... but when they say it's a secret blend, they mean it. I used to work for KFC. There are three different places that each blend part of the seasonings for their chicken. None of them knows what the other two blend, and the fourth place that gets it all to put it together has no idea what the three things they are blending contain, and in what amounts. Pretty wild.

gee-what happens if there is a recall? I get AT LEAST three recalls a week in the FSIS subscription I have- and none of them show up on the news until weeks later... makes one wonder what is getting missed....

Latest posts

Back