Do bred does still lift?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quintex

Reaction score
I have a doe bred in June and would be due on/around the 16th if she took.

I was petting her today and when I'd pet her rump she would lift. Does this mean she didn't take, hormonal from a pregnancy, or nothing at all?

Thanks!

No way to tell for sure. I wouldn't re-breed until her due date was passed. Otherwise you risk double pregnancy and the life of the litter and possibly the doe. If double pregnancy is possible, than SOME does must lift even when pregnant.

yes, some does will lift even if they are pregnant. If you can't palpate well what's another 6 days to wait?

Well, I knew rabbits could get pregnant twice so I suppose I should have put two and two together and answered my own question :doh:.
And I definitely wouldn't rebreed her until I knew 100% she wasn't pregnant, though I have a feeling that she is.

I'm still new so expect more dingy questions in the future, lol.

I haven't seen bred does lift but I have seen some that just didn't seem to care. They remain neutral while the buck tries to breed them which could result in a 2nd pregnancy if he gets lined up right. I even have a doe who won't bother getting up if a buck goes up to her and mounts her while she's laying somewhere.

quintex":2bdy1bne said:

Ask away, we all started somewhere!! Me especially, I have only been on here about a year, though I had been breeding rabbits in my backyard longer... I have quadrupled my knowledge easily in this past year--and I still ask/say dumb things.

We've been raising rabbits for a little over two years now, and the folks on here have taught me so much, sometimes I forget I'm still a newbie!

eco2pia":173xfcsq said:
quintex":173xfcsq said:

Ask away, we all started somewhere!! Me especially, I have only been on here about a year, though I had been breeding rabbits in my backyard longer... I have quadrupled my knowledge easily in this past year--and I still ask/say dumb things.

The only 'dumb' question is the one that goes un-asked. Each person has has different ways in which they learn best, or a different way of processing information. Sometimes, they have to get the 'same' answer, expressed in a different manner, to understand what they have been told 3 previous times.

Quintex-- you can even ask 'dinghy' questions-- after all, someone here probably owns one! Oh-- that was an intended pun---

no such thing as a dingy question... if you want to know we want to help - if we can:)

I have seen does lift even though they were confirmed pregnant, it's caused by the rampant hormone levels.

Latest posts

Back