All of them in one place!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mi_ku

Reaction score
I can't believe I've never shared pics of my pets here!
Bailey, 12yr old, male Maltese and Roxy, 8 month old, female Shih Tzu
CIMG1416.jpg

Harley, 7yr old, male Rottie
083.jpg

Booger(grey/white) and Opi(orange), the cats
CIMG0645.jpg

Cute dogs, BUT-- I would fire the groomer. The Rottie looks like the typical big baby that I know so well!

They are all adorable!!! I'm a kitty person, and I think both Booger and Opi are beautiful!

Frosted Rabbits":pip4haoo said:
Cute dogs, BUT-- I would fire the groomer. The Rottie looks like the typical big baby that I know so well!

Do you dislike the bows? She is now wearing just one but her hair wasn't long enough when the pic was taken. Harley is absolutely a big baby. He is really an awesome dog!

mi_ku":1sveiud8 said:
Do you dislike the bows? She is now wearing just one but her hair wasn't long enough when the pic was taken. Harley is absolutely a big baby. He is really an awesome dog!

I have nothing against the bows-- I have issues with trimming a Maltese to look like a Schnauzer, and a Shih Tzu to look like an Affenpinscer... The coats and body structures of your dogs were done a horrible injustice.

I used to have a dog that was half Maltese and half Schnauzer. He had the stocky Schnauzer body and color, but the short legs and fur texture of the Maltese. He was very sweet and we always trimmed him like a Schnauzer cuz it looked better on him...

I had to take a second look at the pics because what I was seeing was not matching what I was EXPECTING to see based on the breeds you stated...LOL...wonder why the groomer trimmed them like that? I mean, it does not look bad, it just makes them look like a completely different breed of dog.

I LOVE your kitties! I am a cat person, I have two inside and three outside and a litter of 5 kittens that are two weeks old as well.

They are cute pets not show dogs.. a show groom is hard to keep especially on a Shih Tzu or a Maltese. They are cute and you can see their natural shape of the head not some over blown show groom designed to hide faults!

Cute rottie! I have to admit I had to check what you wrote for the breeds about 5 times, I thought for sure the one was a shih tzu and the other was a schnauzer.

Devon's Mom Lauren":2d4reips said:
They are cute pets not show dogs.. a show groom is hard to keep especially on a Shih Tzu or a Maltese. They are cute and you can see their natural shape of the head not some over blown show groom designed to hide faults!
I wasn't even thinking about show grooming-- other than the fact that the dogs look like other breeds because of what the groomer did-- you can sometimes tell what breeds the groomer favors by what they do to pets - I know of one that shaved a matted cat into the poodle lion clip-- but boy, that plaid pattern sweater-- I don't think it comes in my size....

I did have a friend (who is a pro groomer) do them recently but, I'm the one who groomed Bailey like a Schnauzer. Everyone seems to like it and it really does suit him well. Roxy is groomed like that b/c her last owner didn't do any grooming at all, we saved what hair we could. I do plan to grow her out. I like to think outside the box and I love both clips. So far, Bailey has been in full coat (he hates having his hair tied up), a puppy clip (which I got bored with rather quickly), a lion clip (like a Lowchen), he's had a full mohawk down his back and now the Schnauzer clip. I personally don't care for the standard Maltese pet clip.

We know a groomer too and have heard a few things from her about grooming and why sometimes the fur has to be taken down very short.. I thought that Roxy might have needed an extra short one because of matting. My oldest daughter used to look after a Persian cat who would get the "Lion" cut all the time because it was impossible to stay ahead of his massive matting and shedding.He actually loved being clipped but wouldn't stand for the daily brushing and eye cleaning etc.

I love the lion cut or a puppy cut for Persians and Shih Tzus. They look adorable, and lower maintenance!

Not only was Roxy matted but she was covered in sticker burrs. I don't think her owner even owned a dog brush (but she could buy sweaters and bows). I think puppy cuts look cute on Shih Tzu too and they are definately a lot less work. I happen to like the work though. I'm thrilled to have a dog w/ a nice, thick coat who will leave her topknot alone!

Latest posts

Back