Short Tailed Opossum babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LV426

Reaction score
So I tried a tentative breeding with my opossums and there were no injuries. I found out tonight the breeding was successful. She has 8 little ugly wiggly pink grubs on her.

It's not a good pic because she bit me when I was trying to get a pic. I don't want to bother her too much because I don't want to risk the babies falling off. If they fall off they will die.

ry%3D400

ewwwwwwwwww! I'm sorry, but why in the world would you want to raise and breed opposums??! :x We live trap catch em and take em out! :twisted:

ok, well, that's a lot cuter than the opposums that are wild and long, rat-tailed.. He doesn't look like he stinks as much or rolls in his feces lol :)

No they don't stink or roll in their feces. They are very clean and actually can be litterbox trained. They like to use one spot for their potty and the rest of the cage stays clean.

It takes about a month for them to resemble anything but ugly but I will keep updating by the week.

Very interesting. How long does it take from breeding to till birth?

You mean they are stuck on her all the time? Thats weird, you would think she would have a pouch or something like a kangaroo lol! So do they look like possums in a month? Is that when they drop off? Its like 20 questions because I never knew that's how possums raised their babies! :)

eeww, lol I never thought there would be a baby that was cuter as an adult, lol. The adults are pretty cute though! I'm excited to see them grow up! what a learning experience!

shrarvrs":39c17p8p said:
eeww, lol I never thought there would be a baby that was cuter as an adult, lol. The adults are pretty cute though! I'm excited to see them grow up! what a learning experience!

LOL, I couldn't think of a diplomatic way to say it the way you just did. The adults are very cute and I'm looking forward to seeing the babies when they look like babies.

I put her in with Oscar for 5 days on 08/28. During that time they only bred once on the 5th day. After they had a successful mating I removed Germs and put her back in her tank. She has a 35 gallon long with a lid. The reason she's in a tank is because the babies can crawl out through the bars of the wire cage I have when they finally let go and I don't want any to escape.

These babies are about 1 week old. I don't know for sure when they were born. I've been leaving her alone so as to not stress her out.

I'm really hoping for an update. I would love to see pics of cute fluffy babies.

Hello, I was wondering if you have any short tailed opossums available as of now. I would really apprecite a reply. I live in Washington so i would love to talk. You can email me at <email address removed, please PM poster> or you could always respond here! thank you :)

Back