Where to get blank pedigrees

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunhallarabbitry

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have an easy noob question for you all :) My mini lop recently had a litter, and I'd like to sell them with pedigrees. Are there any free pedigree making programs you guys recommend?
When I got my Dwarf Hotot, his pedigree is filled out on an ARBA pedigree paper. Do you have to buys those or what? AND, you don't have to have your pedigree on an ARBA form for it to be official correct? I feel so silly asking but there are no stupid questions right? :p

Thank you!

You can use kintraks for free up until you have a certain number of entries. My handwriting is unreadable so I have to use programs that fill in pedigrees for me.

You can purchase a book of blank Pedigrees from A.R.B.A.
Or you can purchase a Rabbit Program and make your own Pedigrees.
I suggest Evans Software.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

sitstay.com has one you can do online. :) make one pedigree, copy it and just add in the numbers/names as you will. :)

Another Question.....

I have seen it posted on here, and I personally love the idea of the birth certificates for pet quality buns.... Is there a program for that or just make one up ourselves?

If you have Microsoft Excel, you can build your own pedigrees. I've done so, and they're tailor-made to include the info I prefer to include on pedigrees.

I use Kintaks... it is free and super easy... the worst part is putting a new rabbit because you have to enter all of the past rabbits, but for your own, it is super easy. It is all super easy, just a little time consuming but I think they all are.

bunhallarabbitry":37i0azzw said:
So you can make your own pedigree?? I had it in my head I needed some "official" one :p

You can write down all the lineages on a piece of notebook paper, and so long as it jives with varieties, weights, ear numbers, dates, etc., and is signed by the seller, the registrar or fellow breeders couldn't care less.

I set mine up in MS Excel in a tournament format, extending back 3 generations on each side (DAM and Sire). Each block of lineage has minimum info, while also allowing for personal info (grand championship, BOB or BIS info) as I see fit to track and include for the person I'm selling the rabbits to. It cost me about an hour of my time to set up, but I was able to establish it with the fonts and typesettings that I wished to use with it, and if I must say so myself, they're very functional.

And above all else, it sure beats the writer's cramp I was experiencing before. :mrgreen:

As far as rabbit shows and official things are concerned your rabbit doesn't actually even need a pedigree. They can be shown under any breed you claim them to be. Of course most of the rabbits that would show well will come from breeders who keep pedigrees and breeders will be far less likely to buy your offspring without pedigrees and being purebred. Nothing is required as far as rabbits though. The only time there are restrictions and pedigree requirements is if you want to register. Weight and I believe color have to be included even that just means putting standard should the breed be all the same color and they have to not have any disqualifications listed on the standard for that breed. I have gotten a lot of pedigrees that did not have weights on several of the rabbits so they could not actually be registered if I'd wanted to. Usually only the higher quality rabbits likely to win at lots of shows are officially registered. For everything else pedigrees made on various forms of software or hand filled out are just passed around and occasionally falsified or lost. I've gotten a lot of pedigrees emailed to me as well. Best though to only buy rabbits that the person has the pedigree with them because many don't come through on that.

Not sure if you're still looking, but here's a blank one I'd found and saved in my online browsings.

Attachments

• Pedigree[1].pdf
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,373

Latest posts

Back