What colors could they make?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatzNetherlands

Reaction score
Alright, Pippen is bred to Walter. My first test breeding. Now I am trying to figure out what colors they might produce...

I think consensus was that Walter is a Broken Sable/Siamese Sable (I can post more pics if you want otherwise, his pics are here: new-bunnies-and-what-color-is-this-buck-pic-heavy-t3511.html ) and Pippen is a Chocolate Otter.

I do not have Walters Pedigree(EXTREMELY irritating since they were supposed to be mailing it to me and I still never got it!!! grr) but Pippen's lines are:
Chocolate Otter/Chocolate
Choc Otter/Choc Otter/Choc/Lilac
Choc/Choc/Choc Otter/Choc Silver Marten/Choc/Black Otter/Lilac/Lilac Otter

So, is it completely random since I don't know Walters history? Or is there any possible ideas?

Very useful site http://www.thenaturetrail.com/Rabbit-Co ... -Chart.htm . It will give you the genotype to nearly any color name. Siamese sable crossed with a chocolate otter carrying self gives you definitely 50% black and 50% black otter.

Everything else is a numbers game. If Pippen got cchd from the silver marten in the background you could see more silver martens. If Pippen got the dilute and marten carried it you could see blues or if marten also got chocolate you could see chocolates and lilacs which leads to a possibility for chocolate silver marten. It's possible to go through and calculate all the odds of getting those but you really don't know if either one carries the genetics for anything but black until you breed them enough times.

I think you will get chocolate otters chocotter brokens and lilacs,i think the buck is a choc broken.

LOL.... This is just going to be a fun litter because it is really unknown! I am REALLY hoping for a chocolate otter but I am kind of expecting all brokens.... Anxious to see!!!

Back