Is it possible...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
to get a REW from two brown eyed, colored parents?
DAd is a Blue MR with very light colored. greyish eyes-- Mom is half Amchin, half NZ/CAL. Mom's eyes are a medium shade of brown-- her fathers- evenly blue and brown marbled-- her mother-- brown eyed. A litter of four-- one white kit, and it looks like she may be red eyed-- is it possible? as in, perhaps the MR has a REW ancestor somewhere? Dad's maternal pedigree is all blues and blacks---

Yep. The color of the eyes has nothing to do with it. Eye color in rabbits is connected to coat color genes with only a little variation. REW is a recessive gene that erases color which includes the eyes. Any rabbit color could carry rew.

So-- How about the doe that I know is carrying blue eyes bred to the same MR buck-- a possibility for REW from her, as well? Rascal is going to be coming of age, soon-- he has the red eyes-- and the cal points.. my VM doe has what looks like could be a VM kit with her right now-- and her litter of 8== some are fuzzy, some aren't. Love those genetics-- But seeing the issueswith keeping the bums clean-- I don't think I want to breed fuzzy rabbits!

Latest posts

Back