Information

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annie_balaguera

Reaction score
I've had my bunny for less than a week so actually I'm concerned about everything, I want to know if it's normal that my baby starts to get a little too active at night and shakes his head, so please tell me if that's normal or if I should be concerned :)

Rabbits do tend to be more active in the evenings and early mornings. It's perfectly normal.

I've seen rabbits shake their head in a playful way (sort of an attention-getting strategy: "See how cute I am!"), but you should take a good look inside his ears and make sure that there are no spots that are crusted with brownish gunk. This is caused by ear mites and they make the rabbit very uncomfortable. The ears should look clean and smooth inside.

If it should turn out to be ear mites, don't panic. It is quite easy to treat them by putting mineral or olive oil into the ear. I will give you specific instructions if it becomes necessary.

A forum like RabbitTalk is a great way to get your questions answered, but you should read a good basic book about rabbit care as well. It will give you much of the information you need presented in an orderly fashion. You should also read all you can here, particularly in the section called RABBIT CARE.

I hope you and your little furry friend are very happy together. :cute:

DO be concerned if the rabbit starts to glare at you, and you hear a voice in your head demanding certain goodies!!! If mine don't get their fresh food every day-- I get the cold shoulder-- and I think they have actually managed to put a price on my head... for periods of time that I cannot comply with their wishes...

Frosted Rabbits":2u3snmqa said:
DO be concerned if the rabbit starts to glare at you, and you hear a voice in your head demanding certain goodies!!! If mine don't get their fresh food every day-- I get the cold shoulder-- and I think they have actually managed to put a price on my head... for periods of time that I cannot comply with their wishes...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back