Leika and Astrid's babies! Help me guess the colors?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunhallarabbitry

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just took some pictures of Leika and Astrid's litters. They are 75% Lionhead and 25% Rex. Combined, there are 12 kits (Leika had 9 and Astrid had 3). We fostered some kits over, because Leika's actually were smaller in comparison to Astrid, though Leika's litter is a couple days older. I didn't get pictures of every bun but I did get pictures of all the colors. I never realized how energetic, and spastic baby rabbits are! They are pretty dang friendly as well. One of the little black ones is a total sweety and kept coming over to me. A couple of the other ones were suckling on my shirt and nibbling my fingers. Major cuteness overload :p I'm thinking there are blacks (obviously), a chesnut agouti, and blues? I'm not sure if they are called blues or not. And for the brokens, maybe black brokens? and I'm not sure about the light brown broken.

Sorry for the picture quality. My other camera decided to retire, and this was the only other camera I had.

100_2011.jpg

100_2029.jpg

100_2032.jpg

100_2036.jpg

100_2052.jpg

100_2053.jpg

100_2054.jpg

Thanks,
Savannah

Hey Savannah!!

Nice to see you on here! Definitely cuteness overload!!! They are absolutely adorable!! Can't help you on the colors, I can guess with the obvious colors but people on here will know for sure and give a much better answer....

KatzNetherlands":749u3of6 said:
Hey Savannah!!

Nice to see you on here! Definitely cuteness overload!!! They are absolutely adorable!! Can't help you on the colors, I can guess with the obvious colors but people on here will know for sure and give a much better answer....

Oh wow!! Hey summer!! I didn't know you were on here :lol:
I really don't know how I'm going to sell these guys..I'm thinking about becoming a bunny hoarder :p

I think my blood sugar just went up about a thousand points! What a load of cuties! Congrats!

Devon's Mom Lauren":xonlpe9i said:
You have solid blues and the broken brown one is a chestnut. I like the nose marking of that broken blue in the 5th picture, looks like a batman logo lol

Thank you! And wow, I never noticed that lol.

I have someone interested in the brokens, and when I showed her the pictures she said that the ones I thought were broken blacks are actually broken blues..Hmmm. I guess I didn't notice because I had it in my mind since they were first born that they were broken blacks. What do you guys think?

I don't see any broken blacks, the one next to the broken chestnut looks like maybe broken seal? But could just be dark blue, or could just be the picture making it look darker too....

Back