Does the buck always fall off?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatzNetherlands

Reaction score
We finally had some good signs of readiness in breeding, and our buck was very eager, and tried to do his 'thing' but he never fell off... he did stop and seem to be "gone" for a few seconds or so but never fell off.... We are going to try again in a couple hours to see if we can get a more definite mating... But, does the buck always fall off or is that just a good sign?

well, mine always has. I think if they just sort of peter out and quit, it is more likely they were getting nowhere and got tired...

I have a mini lop that does not always falls off. Seems like his short cobby body gives him more balance than the longer bucks. However, I could tell he made contact because his bottom did slide completely under her bottom. And he did have that "gone" look--I called it a look of shock--for a few seconds. LOL

My Little MR buck does not 'fall off' his large ladies-he doesn't climb up far enough for that to happen- but yes, you can some bucks 'get under' the female..

my buck only "falls", because when he makes contact his hind feet completely leave the ground and jerk forward and he hangs on to the doe with his fore feet and mouth--he is heavy enough that he pulls her back end off to the side...it is pretty comical, like he got punched in the gut and just folded up. He then does a victory stomp and looks a puffed up and sure of himself, he struts! Even if he didn't fall, the smug look on his face would be a clear indicator.

I am really confused... I have put her back in with him multiple times and he has no interest in her.... He was neurotic the first time, and now nothing.... I guess I wait now... I was really hoping for a better confirmation or at least just to up my chances...

Wow... 27 days seems so far away right now....

eco2pia":3bp6iq7s said:
my buck only "falls", because when he makes contact his hind feet completely leave the ground and jerk forward and he hangs on to the doe with his fore feet and mouth--he is heavy enough that he pulls her back end off to the side...it is pretty comical, like he got punched in the gut and just folded up. He then does a victory stomp and looks a puffed up and sure of himself, he struts! Even if he didn't fall, the smug look on his face would be a clear indicator.

oh, mine does that too! lol His bottom end folds up under her, just like he got punched! Then he falls either backward or over, gets up and does his Victory Thump! :rock:

Latest posts

Back