Register

Corid Dosage

Diagnosing and treating rabbit ailments. *Caution! These threads may contain graphic content.*
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,140.00

Corid Dosage

Post Number:#1  Unread postby siddsaysgimmie » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:03 pm

I've never used Corid or anything similar, so just want to be sure that I'm doing this properly. It's powder, 20%. It says that I can either add it to their drinking water or give it as a drench. Which would be best? Would it be better to give it as a drench just to be sure that they're getting the entire dosage? Can I treat babies (they're 5-6 weeks old), nursing moms (with a 2 week old litter) and pregnant does? Should I use the preventative dosage or treatment? I've lost a few babies at around 5-7 weeks old in my last two rounds of litters, but I'm not sure if it was the food or coccidia. I see a lot of extra cecals with my adults, and the babies passed very suddenly - totally healthy their entire lives, then they have a bum wet with diarrhea and die shortly after. I mostly want to treat them just to make sure that it's not the problem.

So, just in their drinking water or drench? What is the dosage for either, preferably per liter if possible since that's what I use to water my bunnies. If you can only provide gallons, that's fine too. Any info would be so helpful! I'm clueless as you can probably tell. :roll:

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,950.00

Re: Corid Dosage

Post Number:#2  Unread postby grumpy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Check this out:

Better you go to the source than have someone accidentally misguide you.

http://www.corid.com/Pages/MixAdminGuide.aspx

http://www.corid.com/SiteCollectionDocu ... 20JimR.pdf
Author of Historical Romance Novels: The Trilogy of: Box of Dreams, Scarlet Dreams, and Shattered Dreams.
My newest work: Now in publication. Redemption Road.
Visit my website for more information. http://www.ekfelts.com

BunnyBucks: 2,140.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby siddsaysgimmie » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:20 am

Thank you! Would anyone know how to get a much smaller dosage? I'm awful at math. I want to give it to them as a drench, since it will be harder to make sure that they're getting the full dosage in the drinking water. I only have 10 adult rabbits and 9 babies, so I don't want to mix up a bunch that would be wasted.

BunnyBucks: 10,950.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby grumpy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:27 pm

:x :x

good luck.....never used a drench.
the math is there...just use a calculator.
Author of Historical Romance Novels: The Trilogy of: Box of Dreams, Scarlet Dreams, and Shattered Dreams.
My newest work: Now in publication. Redemption Road.
Visit my website for more information. http://www.ekfelts.com

BunnyBucks: 45.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby savannahjade84 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:21 am

Curious if you ever figured out the math and if you can give to 4 week old babies!?