Register

Has anyone heard anything for shows since Covid?

Discussion of rabbit shows, news and events and tips about showing your rabbits.
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 15.00

Has anyone heard anything for shows since Covid?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby BirdnBone » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:16 am

I haven't been able to dig into it recently with how much I have been having to work, even with the pandemic (this isn't about the pandemic so I would like of everyone can keep their personal thoughts on Covid to themselves). So does anyone know if they are going to continue any shows around the US?

I have a junior buck that I'd like to show but I haven't gotten back into shows since I decided to raise buns again.

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 195.00

Re: Has anyone heard anything for shows since Covid?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Ice » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:48 pm

I have been trying to find some myself but with Covid and RHDV2 going around most shows end up cancelling after a final meeting of discussion.

I haven't been to a single show and I really hope I can eventually go to one soon.

The following user would like to thank Ice for this post
BirdnBone

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 15.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby BirdnBone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:37 am

Ice wrote:I have been trying to find some myself but with Covid and RHDV2 going around most shows end up cancelling after a final meeting of discussion.

I haven't been to a single show and I really hope I can eventually go to one soon.

Well hopefully everything will turn out well. Honestly I can't wait for things to go back to some kind of normal.

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 35.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby AristocratsWI » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:00 pm

As far as I can tell, shows are done because of the governmental hysterical reactions combined with the real risks of RHD. In one of the last two ARBA mags there was an article that talked about the challenges they are facing about trying to get shows together. It is expensive to get a venue only to have bureaucrats shut it down at the last minute. They cannot afford to be paying for venues and doing a ton of planning to only have it cancelled.
RHD also appears to be becoming a bigger problem in the US.

Unfortunately, there is little effective local association communication on these things ... mostly relying upon 3rd party platforms that are not universally accessible.

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,420.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby hotzcatz » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:02 pm

The RHD is enough to keep me away from all rabbit shows, not that we have that many in our area anyway. I'm even leery about bringing in new stock because of it. We used to have a pretty closed rabbitry, but now it's a completely closed rabbitry, I don't even want people wandering through it, let alone new rabbits.
Hula Bunny Yarn from Hillside Farm Hawaii
http://www.hillsidefarmhawaii.com

Female
BunnyBucks: 105.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby PoppyLapine » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:39 pm

I had saw a post by West Coast Classic about them having a show at the end of october at the Reno-sparks convention center. I don't know any other details then that and it's still a couple months off, so I'm not sure it will still be a thing... I hope everyone and everybunny stays safe.

BunnyBucks: 10.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby RabbitsOfTheCreek » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:17 am

I'm pretty sure shows were cancelled for a long time because of RHD :bunnyhop: