Trying to Define Kit Colors

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a litter of satin angora kits about 4 weeks ago, and the first 3 colors were black, chocolate (at least I think, when its fur first started to come in it looked kinda grey, now its totally chocolate), and chestnut, so very easy. Now, the other 2 are a little trickier since its the first time these colors has come up. I know the one is a pearl, but what color of pearl? Is it black, sable, blue...?
The other one I think is either a fawn or red, but how do I tell which one it is?

[album]3894[/album]
[album]3893[/album]
[album]3896[/album]
[album]3895[/album]
[album]3897[/album]

Black Pearl? Looks more black than chocolate?

The other is more Fawn than Red, IMHO, although sometimes it's hard to tell from the other side of a computer screen.

What color are the parents?

That's what I was leaning toward, since it looks very grey right now and I know they should get darker as they mature. But as I said, this is the first pearl I produced on my own, and I'm finding very little pics online of pearl kits online to compre to.

And thanks for the input on the other one too. At first I was thinking fawn, but then I noticed it looks very similar to his greatgrandmother (she may be a shade darker), who I was told was red and, with nothing to compare to, I didnt bother trying to research reds or fawns. But I'm thinking I'm going to need to do so, that way I can get my herds colors in order, lol

The sire is a chocolate pearl (he's the one in my profile pic) and the dam is a chestnut (I think she may actually be a copper, since she has a nice rufus tone to her). Also the sire if fully pedigreed and the dam I can go back just 2 generations on, if that's any help.

Latest posts

Back