White ear gene?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Lop Fan

Reaction score
I have seen lots of people advertise recently that they have rabbits that carry the white ear gene. What exactly is this gene? Is it similar to vienna or dutch?

It is definitely an interesting look and it seems like it is the new color fad. :bunnyhop:

It's a gene that was recently imported into the US - similar to broken where one copy causes the classic 'white ear' markings and two copies causes a mostly white rabbit with a few spots (personally i call it extreme white ear).

White ear is dominant like En, but it behaves like dutch in case of not causing megacolon and how it influences color distribution in tricolor.

Mini Lop Fan":2uuar7sh said:
I have seen lots of people advertise recently that they have rabbits that carry the white ear gene. What exactly is this gene? Is it similar to vienna or dutch?

I have zero idea. Ask me about probability of a white bison calving a white bison, or ask me about dogs' colour genetics. Rabbits though, I know nothing.

Back