BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarai

Reaction score
:mosquitos: :mosquitos: :mosquitos: :mosquitos: :mosquitos: help we are being over run with bed bugs they are literally eating us alive
what is the best way to make them DIE
DE wont work and alcohol in expensiv so whet do i use :eek:verreaction: :eek:verreaction: :eek:verreaction: :eek:verreaction: :eek:verreaction: :eek:verreaction: :eek:verreaction: :eek:verreaction: :eek:verreaction:

These are bedbugs inside the house?

Sevin dust? I've used it to get rid of fleas before, although I think it's a garden dust. Wear a respirator or dust mask when using it. Sprinkle it on for a day or half day and then vacuum it out? Wash all the bedding and all other fabrics in the room with really hot water & soap? Then vacuum the whole room?

When my mother-in-law picked up bed bugs from a hotel she stayed at, we hired a professional exterminator.

It was expensive, but once and done, no more bugs ever, no spreading them to other people's houses, etc..

hotzcatz that is pretty much what we are doing it hardly makes a dent

michaels4gardens we are doing that to

Zass to expensive for mom
ps: they are inside

For bed bugs I'd strongly recommend buy professional chemicals. Keep using DE but going safe can cause them to spread.
I thought I had them once and talked to an exterminator. He recommended a 2 part concentrated spray. 1 ingredient was an IGR (insect growth regulator) it is supposed to make the immature ones sterile and make them develop so messed up they never become adults. However for bed bugs some say those don't work. The second is an insecticide. From the pro I talked to said DON'T waist time using home defense since most of them are immune to this over used poison. I hear Suspended SC use to work great but again some BB are becoming resistant to it. Look up online a newer poison made for BB that ISN'T sold in the stores. The less access to general public the less likely they are resistant to it. (Suspended SC was only supposed to be sold to license bug people but I bought it off Amazon)
BTW i am not associated with any of these products or getting compensation for this. Buy what you want.

Vacuum every room daily! The vibration makes the eggs hatch faster so vacuum well then spray your poison of choice. (Vacuum daily only apply poison as directions say)
Buy mattress protectors that are rated for BB. They will totally enclose the mattress and the zipper will even have a flap to make a great seal.
Carefully remove bedsheets daily and put in the dryer on high 1 hr. The high temp will kill all stages of BB.
All clothes you wash and dry needs to go in big garbage bags so when you put it on you know there isn't anything in it you spread to your job or grocery store.

They sell special cups that you put under your beds 4 legs and fill with water. It prevents BB from leaving the bed....but also stops them returning. Might want to look that up online also.

Put out stick pads around where they travel. Maybe you can catch some that way.

Don't stop at poisoning the house your vehicle needs to be vacuumed meticulously and then also sprayed including your seat and head rest and trunk.

Spray your DE powder into the receptacle after removing the face plate. (They move from room to room using the wiring and coming through the outlets)

Don't over spray with poison either! The pro I talked to said they will avoid areas with a strong smell of poison. Spray the area but don't think saturation is better.

Don't forget to protect family. No new visitors and make sure you shower and put on those clothes stored in the bag right before leaving.

Lastly look up bedbug forums there is a great one I'm thinking of out there with everything you need to know and lots of free helpful advice when you ask. I use to have an account when I thought I had them.

After months of cleaning and poisoning I paid $350 for a trained BB sniffing dog and its owner who treats houses to inspect the house. Best money I ever spent for both the dog and the pro to confirm there was no problem.

When treating another person's house wear a 1 piece tyvek suite that is disposable with elastic around arms and legs and has a hood. They use to be $8ish dollars before covid. Then put on cloves and boots and pull the suite over it. Using cheap duct tape tape where the suite and boots/gloves meet. When done treating carefully put suit in a 1-2 gallon ziploc bag and leave in freezer for at least a 1-2 days to kill any possible hitchhiker. Take shower ASAP when back home leaving shampoo in hair while you wash your body rinsing your hair last.

You may have lost the battle but you can win the war! Don't loose your sanity over it and by quality poison. DE is a good first hit but also spray and vacuum.

PS I found out the hard way DE will be hard on your vacuum especially clogging filters. PPS put a little DE directly in your vacuum bag/canister before vacuuming so if the sucking up doesn't kill them the flying shards of DE will.

Good luck!!!

Back