The customers that are rare

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden rabbitry

Reaction score
I sold a rabbit as a pet to a man and his family and oh my gosh nicest people ever! There are so many negative stories out there, makes sense since I had 4 terrible people after the same rabbit, but sometimes you sell a rabbit to someone who is perfect. Kids and wife came as well and the kids were well behaved and respectful. The mom was super sweet and they all had a tour of the rabbitry for the little kids to pet all of them and see young babies. These are the people who make it worth it. I encourage that you share your best experiences with people, mainly so that people who feel like a wet sock can be kicked into remembering why we do this. There are so many selfish and rude people we don't tend to give credit to those who are genuinely wonderful bunny owners. I hope this thread becomes a goldmine of happy memories :D

You are right, I have had a few truly wonderful experiences with "pet rabbit people",
I tend to forget about those.
Those good experiences, become lost among the A R people, and crazy people, who were so memorable..
thank you...

I have had several great customers! One, a graphic designer wanted to get her first rabbit. So she did tons of research (love those types) and asked some great, well thought out questions before buying. When she came to pickup the bunny she almost screamed with excitement. Since then, she has sent me fairly regular update pictures and videos. And just recently, she bought a second bunny to bond with her first. (The first is already spayed, and she is planning on getting the second neutered as soon as possible)

It is so good to see one of your bunnies go to loving homes and do you proud! (She runs the house, but had no problems using the litter box after the first day and loves their dog--it is great to see the training I did with them as babies actually work!)

We just had a bun to go a family who have a second hand bunny that was originally from here. The bunny's original people moved off island and didn't take the bun so he went to the second family. He's now nine years old and they were over visiting with the herd to get a second bunny. Lovely people, really polite and really excited to meet their new family pet. Having a healthy nine year old bunny is a great recommendation, too.

I once had a mom and her kids drive 4 hours for a mix, kindest lady ever! I always love a parent with good kids, kids reflect the parents and it makes it an easy judge for whos gonna be a good bun mum

after 15 years selling bunnies I've had tons of great customers.
But my latest best customer was a fancy mouse owner.

Bought her first two mice two and a bit years ago. Those mice just recently passed so she came back to get three this time.
We had a great confab talking about mice and how great they are as pets. Oohed and awed over her previous mice and listened to her gush over her newest additions.

Just excellent.

Customers in general used to be rare. My experience, since the start of the pandemic, is that people are WAKING UP and really becoming interested in food security.
Since March I have sold more than 100 rabbits!
I have been raising Standard Rex rabbits on and off for the last 40+ years, consistently this time for the last 12 years. During all that time I don’t think I sold more than 100 rabbits total, until now.
The people who are getting in touch with me now have been so appreciative, dependable and willing learners. They seem grateful that I am willing to spend the time to help them get set up before they bring their rabbits home and a number of them have returned to buy additional rabbits after they have gotten started with just a pair or a trio.
I am so grateful to these people and see this transformation happening in other places in my world.
I know that this pandemic has been hard for SO many people, emotionally, medically, financially and in other ways. And, maybe because I am older now and have a had long time to examine my own attitudes and ask a Loving Power to help me to transform my character defects into assets, I have gotten to the place where the first question I now ask is NOT “Why is this happening?” but “Why is this a good thing?” And the answers that I find have transformed me from an angry, resentful, critical person, into one who experiences ongoing peace, serenity and joy. That has come over the last decade, despite the “facts” of: the death of my husband, the drug addiction & jailing of a beloved family member, and many other events that were definitely not on the “script” that I would have written for my perfect life.
I hope that rabbits, and the joy that they have brought will continue to be a part of my life for as long as I can walk out to the barn and feed & pet them. And I am so grateful to be able to share it with others.

Latest posts

Back