Register

Plants Safe for Rabbits

Provide a well rounded diet without commercial feed, including discussions of the methods and merits of growing fodder.
BunnyBucks: 10.00

Plants Safe for Rabbits

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Leby2019 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:50 pm

My girlfriend and I have two Holland Lops. They love their greens. I know a lot of plants are toxic for buns. I've done my fair share of research as to keep them safe. We have a ceiling hook in our living room that goes unused and I was interested in getting a hanging plant that can grow vines that fall down to the buns' level. I haven't been able to find anything that would work, that obviously isn't toxic to them. I'm looking for any and all suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

Site Supporter
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 32,838.00

Re: Plants Safe for Rabbits

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Zass » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:37 pm

Sweet potato vines would be perfect! They are often grown as houseplants and are edible and nutritious for both people and rabbits.

The following user would like to thank Zass for this post
michaels4gardens

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 34,646.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby ladysown » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:03 am

sweet pototo, grape vine, various viney plants that grow outside can be grown inside as well...,
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

The following user would like to thank ladysown for this post
Zass

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 65.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby cybercat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Look up the book Beyond the Pellet natural feeding rabbits.