Color Help!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Lop Fan

Reaction score
Just had a litter of pet-quality Mini Lops, and need some help with the colors! The dam is Broken Chestnut agouti and has a genotype of AaBbC_D_Ee. The sire is some crazy type of magpie. Posted about him a couple months ago but still don't know what he is. (Will post some pictures of him as well) I do know, however, that he carries 'b' and 'c.'

I know for sure that I have self black and broken self chocolate. The other four I am very lost on, but am thinking silver marten, frosty, lilac magpie? and I have no clue with the last.

Here are the pictures:
First is the possibly (but not probably) silver martin. It started out as blue-based fur to me, but now it looks like this?
Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 1.18.58 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-08-02 at 1.26.05 PM.png

Second is the frosty seeming one--would that mean the dame carries c(chd)?
Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 1.17.26 PM.png

Third, I have absolutely no clue, though it reminds me of a chin as it has white ticking.Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 1.18.34 PM.png

Fourth, the lilac magpie? Has similar color tone as the one above.
Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 1.18.04 PM.png

__________ Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:38 pm __________

Here is a comparison of the #3 and #4:
Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 1.18.15 PM.png

And here is the RT post I made about the sire (has pictures):
post329647.html?hilit=%20magpie#p329647

__________ Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:52 pm __________

Now fairly certain the #3 is a broken chocolate chinchilla. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:50 pm __________ <br /><br /> In case anyone ever looks at these pics for reference, I now believe #4 to be chocolate or sable chocolate magpie and #1 is definitely some type of marten

Yeah, way above my level as well. I believe the sire now to be a(t)abbc(chd)_D_e(j)e and the second C allele is c or c(chl) :x :shock:

sables.

1. sable martin
2. not sure possibly a sallender, doesn't look frosty. Wouldn't be surprised if as adult ends up ticked with sable all over.
3. broken choc chin?
4. magpie sable most likely.

Interesting! I will add some more pictures when there fur grows a bit longer. I would definitely agree with the Sable marten, but with the others I think I will just have to see how they look as the grow bigger. Will post more pictures in a week or so for reference

the only reason I said broken choc chin in that you said you were seeing ticking.

But my initial impression was broken sable.
I get lots of sable in my lines.... and anything that looks silvery at birth is sable in the end.

Back