Has anyone heard anything for shows since Covid?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BirdnBone

Reaction score
I haven't been able to dig into it recently with how much I have been having to work, even with the pandemic (this isn't about the pandemic so I would like of everyone can keep their personal thoughts on Covid to themselves). So does anyone know if they are going to continue any shows around the US?

I have a junior buck that I'd like to show but I haven't gotten back into shows since I decided to raise buns again.

I have been trying to find some myself but with Covid and RHDV2 going around most shows end up cancelling after a final meeting of discussion.

I haven't been to a single show and I really hope I can eventually go to one soon.
url

Ice":2m1ifccm said:
I have been trying to find some myself but with Covid and RHDV2 going around most shows end up cancelling after a final meeting of discussion.

I haven't been to a single show and I really hope I can eventually go to one soon.

Well hopefully everything will turn out well. Honestly I can't wait for things to go back to some kind of normal.

As far as I can tell, shows are done because of the governmental hysterical reactions combined with the real risks of RHD. In one of the last two ARBA mags there was an article that talked about the challenges they are facing about trying to get shows together. It is expensive to get a venue only to have bureaucrats shut it down at the last minute. They cannot afford to be paying for venues and doing a ton of planning to only have it cancelled.
RHD also appears to be becoming a bigger problem in the US.

Unfortunately, there is little effective local association communication on these things ... mostly relying upon 3rd party platforms that are not universally accessible.

The RHD is enough to keep me away from all rabbit shows, not that we have that many in our area anyway. I'm even leery about bringing in new stock because of it. We used to have a pretty closed rabbitry, but now it's a completely closed rabbitry, I don't even want people wandering through it, let alone new rabbits.

I had saw a post by West Coast Classic about them having a show at the end of october at the Reno-sparks convention center. I don't know any other details then that and it's still a couple months off, so I'm not sure it will still be a thing... I hope everyone and everybunny stays safe.

Latest posts

Back