EC? Emergency ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
Hi , i think my 2 week old kit and her mum , may have E.Cunili ( If thats spelt right..?) .
Is this need vet ? An emergency ?

It keeps doing these tremouring and shaking-ish movements , and weakness in its legs , is that EC?

michaels4gardens said:
If you feed onions [or a bunch of green onions],each day for 2 weeks - and the symptoms are reduced...
It is EC...
allium plants control EC, but do not "cure" it .[/quot

I thought onion was toxic ?..

Jasminebunny":39xqo8kv said:
michaels4gardens":39xqo8kv said:
If you feed onions [or a bunch of green onions],each day for 2 weeks - and the symptoms are reduced...
It is EC...

onion/garlic is only toxic to "house rabbit society", and cats
the info the HRS "expert", used to promote this "nonsense", was taken from a study on cats..

michaels4gardens":1s1ubltb said:
Jasminebunny":1s1ubltb said:
michaels4gardens":1s1ubltb said:
It is EC...

onion/garlic is only toxic to "house rabbit society", and cats
the info the HRS "expert", used to promote this "nonsense", was taken from a study on cats..
Oh , alright !
I fed some today , also whats "house rabbit society" ?

People with good intentions for pet rabbits who made a professional website a lot of people with limited knowledge refer to, but somehow behaving like they have a monoply on knowledge about rabbits, which is far from true, it's a rather small bubble. Anyway, a lot of information about pet rabbits there.

There are more such groups, some better, some worse. There isn't a single german board whithout a crusade against any kind of breeding, let alone any other use apart that for psychological needs (pets). Some even are on a crusade against any kind of dry food, including hay, I guess because old cats on dry food get kidney troubles.

Ah, gosh, don't get me started ;) :wr_facedesk:

Preitler":2nggnmi9 said:
People with good intentions for pet rabbits who made a professional website a lot of people with limited knowledge refer to, but somehow behaving like they have a monoply on knowledge about rabbits, which is far from true, it's a rather small bubble. Anyway, a lot of information about pet rabbits there.

There are more such groups, some better, some worse. There isn't a single german board whithout a crusade against any kind of breeding, let alone any other use apart that for psychological needs (pets). Some even are on a crusade against any kind of dry food, including hay, I guess because old cats on dry food get kidney troubles.

I'm sorryy i don't know what you mean.. :wr_shrug:

Preitler":3l9b2c8r said:

I agree. There is a lot of well-meaning, but misinformed pet owners out there just mixed in with the crazy HRS people....it is just best to double check any information you read. :D

Latest posts

Back