EMERGENCY doe with blood! labor or stuck kit?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden rabbitry

Reaction score
So my doe made a nest yesterday, today is day 33, and this morning i checked on her but she hadn’t kindled yet, (she normally builds a nest right before) her vent was bloody and there was an odd "fleshy"? blob in the corner, not a kit. She seems very tense and I’m not sure if this is just right before giving birth and me going in to feed everyone caused her to delay? Is this a stuck kit? Is this normal for right after birth? I checked her vent and found no kit sticking out so..? This is her 12th litter so she isn't pinched or anything and all her litters were so easy. She once gave birth on day 42 but even then everyone was ok. She's never miscarried or had a dead litter or anything <br /><br /> -- Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:12 pm -- <br /><br /> I think the blobs are 2 premature miscarried kits? They look like 2 beans so

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_120117568 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200627_120117568 (1).jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 628
Some people give some raspberry leaf and it "reportedly helps".
I just let them work it out, and, ..it usually is OK.
Not much a human can do, to help them very much.

If they begin running a fever [over 104] I inject antibiotics ..

Looks like an uneaten placenta, did you touch it? what was it like?
I've seen miscarried fetus of about 2 weeks in my friend's herd cause she left the male in too long and the doe got overly stressed. Even at 2 weeks it looked fetus like aka animal shaped ish. Placentas look like that and feel like a shrivelled canned lychee fruit if that helps any. They normally eat the placentas after giving birth to get some nutrients back, but sometimes they forget one or 2 and you'll find them when cleaning up.

If she's rly stressed and late, maybe she ate her babies as she gave birth and didnt eat the placentas. If you know how to palpate I'd check if her belly is empty. It sucks, but sometimes this happens and if they were dead on arrival due to being late it's even more likelly.

she gave birth to two stillborn on the ground, not in her box, and then the afterbirth came. Both were misshapen and ones stretched so it's clear that it was stuck

It's too bad, give her a good break before breeding her again but it might be better to just retire her if you can afford it.

this was her last litter, well it would have been. She just turned 4 and has had 12 litters, most 7+ kits so <br /><br /> -- Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:16 pm -- <br /><br /> so she miscarried, 3 days later I found a clean kit head in her cage, no body, abit creepy, and now shes left her nestbox and is back to normal

Back