I'm new!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
Hi , i'm new here !
I own 2 bunnies , jasmine and a kit i have not named yet .
I also own 3 guinea pigs.

I know a lot about bunnies, and my bunny jasmine lives in a dog crate as her homebase and gets lots of run time , i'm hoping to house her in a c+c condo eventually , as the crate is not quite large enough .
It will change into a guinea pig home , and i will add a little hammock level , ect .
I know how to build the cage .

I want to learn more about rabbits.

My bunnie jasmine has a very strict diet , of just green chard , red chard , spinach ,either a small amount of bell pepper or cucumber , hay of course and pellets .
She has one kit , the other one died , from falling out of the nest box and getting too cold .
Jasmine does not live outside and i don't really agree with housing rabbits or guinea pigs outside .
But i do agree that you should listen to your rabbit and house them wherever they want , and outdoor housing is fine if you do it correctly : :)

I'm also planning on spaying my rabbit jasmine; i want to bond her with a male .
How would i bond ?

I've never bonded rabbits before .

Also what would i need to do after surgery ?
I'm also getting her vaccinated , as she is not currently .

~jasminebunny x

Welcome to Rabbit Talk, we always like new rabbits. And their people, too!

If your bunny is a girl, she will probably bond with any other rabbit. Generally female rabbits get along with other female rabbits. (Note: the key word is 'generally', not 'always') and Male rabbits almost always get along with female rabbits. Bonding is only difficult between two male rabbits, and especially two male rabbits with female rabbits nearby.

For bonding, put them both in an area that doesn't belong to either one of them (doesn't smell like either one of them), give them something tasty to eat and they will probably be friends.

What are you going to name Jasmine's kit? Another flower name? Although, couldn't Jasmine be a Disney princess as well?

Hm , i have not chosen yet , i usally name after food .
I have a piggie called pepper and salt , used to have coffee and chocolate .

I have pumpkin the rabbit , well shes my dads bunny , and cookie my brothers .
Jasmines kit , is not the one i'm keeping ,i'm acctually bonding her with one of pumpkins kits /

Jasmines let out in the same room as pumpkin , and is sometimes quite agressive , but since she had kits shes been calmer , why is that ?
She's pretty mad at me when i don't feed her lettuce , only little bits of certain green because she can't really handle any others .

She loves greens so much , but if she can't eat them i won't feed .

She loves grass, and i feed it sometimes .
She is a lovely bunny , but doesn't like being picked up , or pet very much .

~Jasminebunny x

__________Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:01 am ___________

I've come up with a name !
Clover !

Does that sound okay ?

~jasminebunny x

when bonding
keep a careful watch ,
to make sure you seperate them immediately
-if humping turns into hair pulling.
Wait until the next day-- then start over..
If rabbits are allowed to "actually fight", there is little chance of them ever being friends..

:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:
Okay .
How long after spaying should i bond ?
And does the male need to fixed too ?

~jasminebunny x

Well, my male free range house bunny is intact, his cuddlebun is spayed.

Luck is that Dotty is very, very patient with him, in spring he tries to hump her for hours each day, she just keeps hopping away, He does spray her sometimes, without any regard of where he is, about once or twice a week there's something to mop up. It was much worse when he was young and living in an outdoor hutch though.

I can see good reasons to neuter an indoor male, I have considered it, but now that he got arthrosis his hormones at least keep him active and distract him from his troubles. Wouldn't work without such a docile companion.

Preitler":2bkgz1j6 said:
Well, my male free range house bunny is intact, his cuddlebun is spayed.

Luck is that Dotty is very, very patient with him, in spring he tries to hump her for hours each day, she just keeps hopping away, He does spray her sometimes, without any regard of where he is, about once or twice a week there's something to mop up. It was much worse when he was young and living in an outdoor hutch though.

I can see good reasons to neuter an indoor male, I have considered it, but now that he got athrosis his hormones at least keep him active and distrct him from his troubles. Wquldn't wirk without such a docile comoanion.

Okay , so neuter male AND spay female .
I will have to save up for that . <br /><br /> __________Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:25 pm ___________ <br /><br /> I'm sorting out free roaming and the other things !!

Jasminebunny":2ykbsmm3 said:
:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:
Okay .
How long after spaying should i bond ?
And does the male need to fixed too ?

~jasminebunny x

it takes about a month for hormones to settle down after a rabbit is "fixed"

all rabbits are different [like people], some rabbits are fine together if one is not fixed--
but- usually there is trouble if the male is constantly trying to breed a "fixed" doe...

Jasminebunny":2uz5i1jv said:
Hi , i'm new here !
I own 2 bunnies , jasmine and a kit i have not named yet .
I also own 3 guinea pigs.

I know a lot about bunnies, and my bunny jasmine lives in a dog crate as her homebase and gets lots of run time , i'm hoping to house her in a c+c condo eventually , as the crate is not quite large enough .
It will change into a guinea pig home , and i will add a little hammock level , ect .
I know how to build the cage .

I want to learn more about rabbits.

My bunnie jasmine has a very strict diet , of just green chard , red chard , spinach ,either a small amount of bell pepper or cucumber , hay of course and pellets .
She has one kit , the other one died , from falling out of the nest box and getting too cold .
Jasmine does not live outside and i don't really agree with housing rabbits or guinea pigs outside .
But i do agree that you should listen to your rabbit and house them wherever they want , and outdoor housing is fine if you do it correctly : :)

I'm also planning on spaying my rabbit jasmine; i want to bond her with a male .
How would i bond ?

I've never bonded rabbits before .

Also what would i need to do after surgery ?
I'm also getting her vaccinated , as she is not currently .

~jasminebunny x
Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty new myself so can't help you much with those questions. However, as you can see they're several others on here who are very knowledgeable.

Welcome aboard :)

Latest posts

Back