Licking after moving spots

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I put my Satin rabbit into my rabbit tractor for about an hour and a half. She is 5 months old and not keen on me touching or holding her.
Anyways after I was able to get her out of the tractor and put her back in her cage she did a quick hop (happy?) Then just as fast sprawled herself out on the cage. A few mins later she went into meat loaf stance and started licking herself for maybe a min.

Is that because I messed up her fur or put my human scent on her? Did something get on her in the tractor she was trying to get off? Btw tractor was in the lawn that was just cut this morning.

Oh and she pooped which was weird. It was several small balls held in a clump instead of her normal "coco puff" style poop. She had handled some greens before and this her 2nd time in the tractor eating grass....but could the weird small poop be from too much grass?

Probably just being overly paranoid but I know the rabbit tractor could expose her to mites or worms. The bottom is recycled pallet slats with 2-3" gaps to eat grass. Her body except maybe feet are not directly on grass.

This could all be normal behavior but I just want to double check with the experts ;)

The small weird poop may have been a 'cecotrope' and they are supposed to eat them so they usually get eaten before you find them.

hotzcatz":3kk96m5p said:
The small weird poop may have been a 'cecotrope' and they are supposed to eat them so they usually get eaten before you find them.
Okay I will look into that but I bet you are right. She still looks the same and has normal poop and hunger. I moved her again and decided to brush her. She spent a good half hour off and on grooming herself. Never watched wild cotton tails enough I guess lol.
Now on to research that. <br /><br /> -- Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:33 pm -- <br /><br />
hotzcatz":3kk96m5p said:
The small weird poop may have been a 'cecotrope'........
YES it is thanks! Looked at some pics to be sure and read a bit. Learning more and more each day. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back