First time seeing Doe Kindle

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Lop Fan

Reaction score
This isn't something I need help for so maybe I should have posted under random rabbit ramblings. Either way, I saw two of my does kindle today. It was the first time I have witnessed bunnies being born and it was just so amazing and beautiful! I had such a hard time leaving them alone and not checking the kits immediately, but I resisted. :lol: Checked them an hour later and now have eleven alive and healthy kits. (no DOA!) :p

Here are some pictures :)
Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 7.46.39 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 7.48.15 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 7.47.57 PM.png

:congratulations:

Yeah, it's always a long night for me when I know a doe is about to kindle, I guess I'm more nervous than them :D.
Now that I have retired my old does (6-8yo) this year I've got two litters of 8 with no DOA :) from the young duo. I put the young, clueless buck with the pair for 3 weeks, some times even for days in the girls hutch. The litters were 3 weeks apart, everything fine but Chantal got me by surprise and I had to dig up her nest from half a meter underground, at the end of a 2m/7ft tunnel. No problem with the older kits and the other nest in the same hutch, but I kept them away for the first 3 days.

Latest posts

Back