UTI treatment questions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
I've looked and looked and can't find anything about what to give a rabbit with a possible UTI other than vet. With all this Sars scare that's just not possible for me. I was wondering what might help from home, she's been in pain relief meds and gas drops (both infant) for the past few days and I go out and squeeze her to help her expell the remains of her bladder. She had urine scald up her belly and on the insides of her legs.

Starting tomorrow morning she's getting bene-bac with her pain meds, etc. I know it won't help her specific problem but it also won't hurt. Any other advice on how to deal with this would be great!

Can I toss garlic in her water? I've done it before and they usually won't drink it first day but by second they will. I'll order some dandelion as none has started growing around here yet and all I've currently got has sat in alcohol for a while tincturing. I have a willow tree here, I'll see if I can't reach any twigs, if not I'll order some of it too.

ButtonsPalace":wimzygsi said:
Can I toss garlic in her water? I've done it before and they usually won't drink it first day but by second they will. I'll order some dandelion as none has started growing around here yet and all I've currently got has sat in alcohol for a while tincturing. I have a willow tree here, I'll see if I can't reach any twigs, if not I'll order some of it too.

just give her the garlic on the side, she will eat it if she needs it.
I am just north of you, and we have dandelion showing...

I haven't seen any here. Normally there's some in our front yard but maybe the goats have already got to it when they get put out in the side yard (not my goats) I'll ask my friend and see if she's got any growing around her.

Back