Litter box help!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LopLionheadLady

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I have three bonded bunnies all spayed and nuetered. One male and two females. I have tried everything to fully litter train them, but they still tend to poop everywhere. They are free roamed to a room and don’t poop all over the room but just outside their litter box and occasional poops all over. Please help!!

The occasional poops scattered around the room are territorial markings. I'm afraid there won't be much you can do about that. Probably the main reason people abandon house pet bunnies is due to the fact that "litter box trained" doesn't actually include all the poop that rabbits make.

It's one of those things where not ALL rabbits do it, but you can't count on one to not, or train it out, especially when you have multiple rabbits. Even just one single neutered rabbit will do it more often than not.
:(

Going just outside their box makes me think maybe you could put a smaller box (with hay to nibble, cause they like to nibble and poop) inside of a larger box or tray?

What breed are they? Some breeds naturally understand the litter box while others don't. You may want to try keeping them in small enclosure (a cage or expen) for a while. You may also just need more litter boxes spread throughout the room

Latest posts

Back