Breed still a mystery.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoctBun

Reaction score
2 years ( soon 3 this upcoming February 2nd ) of having him and I'm no closer to knowing his breed beyond a shadow of a doubt, I've gotten some guesses but not enough to really tell if he's that breed per looking it up to find any confirmation ( especially so as I don't think rabbits have DNA tests like dogs do ).

So far I've gotten, or assume the closest: Mini-Satin, however the one who commented this also said he has a bit of dwarf in his face / head ( or so goes her assumption, she doesn't know for sure nor clear if it was because he was facing the camera to make that impression ), another who looked like him said either a blue Havana ( one of my assumptions ) or a American blue, another was blue Polish as he does look a bit small to match the criteria -- although they aren't necessarily dwarfs, my mom commented he is slightly bigger than my last rabbit who was a netherland dwarf -- another close one looking at his ears, I've had others say he was possibly a mix and from that, I just combined the two he looked a match of, being Havana and Satin. His fur colour is a solid Russian Blue with lighter colouring under his paws, tan around his eyes and brown eyes, coming out as black or dark grey under dim lighting, and a light grey under bright lighting, from his latest vet visit scaled him to be at least 4.4 lbs.

*NOTE: HIS BREED DOES NOT MATTER, I LOVE HIM NO MATTER WHAT, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT HE IS.

Attachments

• 82561779_1348072435374975_2171249505935032320_o.jpg
    82561779_1348072435374975_2171249505935032320_o.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,073
I wish you the best of luck,

Rabbits cross indiscriminately, the crosses often "look like"
Breeds, other than the actual ones who crossed.

There are also a lot of "hidden" genetics" in rabbits because of this "crossing".

Without a pedigree, from both parents, Guessing the breed, is a fun game,
- but it is,-just a game...

Glad you love your rabbit... regardless of "breed"

Still not having a whole lot of luck, given that the majority of related sites / forums I've posted the similar don't seem keen in wanting to help.. it's just really starting to irk me at this point. Other people could ask for breeds of their rabbits for the same purpose and get replies seconds to minutes after. Me? Literal crickets most of the time.

I have no guesses on what breed he is, I am just chiming in to say he is adorable!

NoctBun":17llo13e said:
Still not having a whole lot of luck, given that the majority of related sites / forums I've posted the similar don't seem keen in wanting to help.. it's just really starting to irk me at this point. Other people could ask for breeds of their rabbits for the same purpose and get replies seconds to minutes after. Me? Literal crickets most of the time.

sorry,- if I could be more helpful I would..

NoctBun":308yafag said:
It isn't a lack of desire to help. Your bunny just doesn't have distinguishing breed characteristics. No lop ears, no Rex fur, no Satin fur, no distinctive colors or body shape. This isn't anything bad - he looks healthy and happy and friendly!
:bunnyhop:

Looking at his picture, he looks like what I raise, which are havanas, which could explain the mini satin, as havanas and mini satins are very similar, except head shape and fur texture. Havanas are shiny but don't have hollow hair shafts like the satins do. Most havanas are a deep color, but some just aren't as dark as they can be. From that one picture that's my guess!

I'd call him a domestic short-hair rabbit. Or heinz57. Really, he doesn't look like any particular breed, but more like a crossbred.
Enjoy him just as he is. :)

Back