Broken caston x black tort cinnamon

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bridget118

Reaction score
I bred my broken castor buck that carries self, rew, chinchilla and dilute to my cinnamon I believe she is a black tort. How would the castor and black tort mix?

Depending on what the Black tort carries, you could just end up with more castors. The genetic code for black tort is aaB_C_D_ee while buck you just mentioned would look like A_B_CcDdE_.

(Just a quick note, it is impossible for your buck to carry chinchilla, 'c(chd)' and REW, 'c' and still be castor. I am assuming he carries 'c' and was bred to another rabbit that carries 'c(chd)', as 'c' is recessive to 'c(chd)'. Here is a great article on the C Locus: http://www.hoppinherdofhares.com/clocus.html)

All these words mean you will get most likely get castor kits with the genotype of AaB_C_D_Ee that could possibly carry 'c' (REW) or 'd' (Dilute)

Whenever you have babies, I would love to see some pictures of the kits :p

Oh thank you for the information! Color genetics are very interesting to say the least. <br /><br /> __________ Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:22 pm __________ <br /><br /> When I bred this pair they threw...

2 broken blacks
1 broken castor
2 black tort

I am keeping the black tort doe to breed more black torts. I love the cinnamons!

Back