Register

RabbitTalk is 10 Years Old Today!

Off-topic Discussions, Member News, Funny Stories and Jokes.
Site Admin
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,364.00

RabbitTalk is 10 Years Old Today!

Post Number:#1  Unread postby MaggieJ » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:21 am

Hello RabbitTalkers.

Today marks 10 years since RabbitTalk first came online.

:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

We've come a long way since then and the body of knowledge saved here is impressive, thanks all of you. Some of you have been with us from Day One, and I thank you for your loyal and untiring support. Many more people have joined RT along the way and made their contributions. I hope you all have found the forums useful and interesting--and that you'll stay with us going into our second decade.

It's a day to reflect a bit on RabbitTalk's beginnings. We wanted a place where all aspects of raising rabbits could be discussed in a cordial and respectful spirit. Rabbits are versatile animals and whether we raise them as pets, for meat, for show, for fibre, or even for their manure to feed our rose bushes, we all want to provide excellent care and nutrition for them. We believed rabbit people have more to unite them than to divide them, and RabbitTalk was formed from that premise.

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

And it worked! And continues to work as we celebrate our 10th anniversary.
Thank you to all of you for making this possible.

~ MaggieJ
:canada-fireworks:
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

The following user would like to thank MaggieJ for this post
Easy Ears, Homer, Zass

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 435.00

Re: RabbitTalk is 10 Years Old Today!

Post Number:#2  Unread postby dfr1973 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:36 am

Well then, happy tenth anniversary!
Feed to breed!

The following user would like to thank dfr1973 for this post
MaggieJ

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 1,330.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby hotzcatz » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Congratulations MaggieJ!

Ten years is impressive and it's a lovely site!
Hula Bunny Yarn from Hillside Farm Hawaii
http://www.hillsidefarmhawaii.com

The following user would like to thank hotzcatz for this post
MaggieJ

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 12,062.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:23 am

wonderful place..
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

The following user would like to thank michaels4gardens for this post
MaggieJ

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 5,671.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Rainey » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Many thanks, Maggie, for all you've put into making RT work. I'm so grateful for the help folks here gave us when we started with rabbits and wanted to feed them without pellets--and how patient you all were with all my questions. Everything from feeding to breeding, butchering and cooking I learned right here.
Had rabbit legs for supper tonight. Mostly now I bake the legs--put them in a big cast iron skillet with sliced onion under them to keep them from sticking and pour a little olive oil, some wine or cider, sprinkle on herbs from my garden and bake for an hour. Tonight I had some gourmet mustard a friend gave me over the holidays so I spread some of that on the legs and cut up some carrots and put them beside the rabbit with a sprinkle of oil and a dollop of the mustard. We all liked it--and with potatoes and peas also from last summer's garden, it was mostly a farm produced meal with a bit of spicy flavor to remind us of a friend.
Thanks again to all the friends here on RT and especially to MaggieJ!

The following user would like to thank Rainey for this post
MaggieJ, michaels4gardens, Zass

Site Supporter
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Canada
BunnyBucks: 2,875.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Truckinguy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:50 am

Wow! Unfortunately I haven't been around much for a while but hopefully now that my internet issues are somewhat ironed out I can check in more often.

I remember your invite for me to join this group when you started it after a lot of hullaballoo at Homesteadingtoday. It sure has been a lot of water under the bridge. this is a very comfortable site and I enjoy being part of it.

The following user would like to thank Truckinguy for this post
MaggieJ, michaels4gardens