What color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Lop Fan

Reaction score
I am not in need of an immediate answer, but I just got a new doe and she has some interesting color background as she is a black steel masked by orange so she looks black: E(s)e
Anyway, she is due any day now and I got some pictures from her previous owner of litters she has had in the past. Now, some of the colors I could not recognize and I am trying to become more fluent in distinguishing colors. (if that makes any sense.) I would love to hear what y'all think these babies are!
Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 8.22.24 AM.png
Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 8.22.10 AM.png
Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 8.21.58 AM.png
Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 8.21.32 AM.pngScreenshot 2019-12-10 at 8.21.50 AM.png

She looks like a blue and it looks like she has had blue babies 2 black babies and versions of blue so I think she will have blacks and black dilutes depending on who she was bred with. Blue and lilac are dilutes of black.

The first baby looks blue steel.
Second picture has smoke pearl chinchilla (aka blue sable agouti) and a broken blue (maybe a broken blue steel)
The front of the third picture looks like broken blue chinchilla, maybe broken smoke pearl chinchilla
Fourth picture sable chinchilla, some sort of broken blue agouti (opal or blue chin), and a broken black - maybe a dark broken blue, can't see the lighting very well

Back