Register

Nothing is selling any advice?

From vermiculture and selling rabbit manure to rent-a-bunny for Easter photographs, this forum is a place to discuss other ideas for making a profit from rabbits.
2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 959.00

Nothing is selling any advice?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby golden rabbitry » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:40 am

So I sell pet rabbits and i had a large litter 4 months ago. for some reason i just can't sell the last baby. I cant sell to petstores and I won't cull him. He has his own cage but i want to get rid of him. I also need to sell my older does (pedigreed doe and mix doe). I have ads posted on Cl, hoobly, and facebook

BunnyBucks: 203.00

Re: Nothing is selling any advice?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Mini Lop Fan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:48 am

These kind of situations can be really frustrating. I know because I have been there. There is a couple things you could try, such as lowering the price. I wouldn't recommend this, but when you get desperate enough and you have spent a lot of money on feed, it is just nice to get your money back at least. I am curious, what type of rabbit is this? And how much are you selling it for now? If it isn't too much of a loss, I might recommend doing a a free rabbit giveaway. Everyone who wants to enter has to follow your page-if you don't have a Facebook page I would highly recommend that you get one. And then you choose a winner from those who followed your page. Then try to build up hype on your page for the other rabbits you are selling, like posting on rabbit seller groups, rabbits memes, etc.

I hope this helped a little bit!

The following user would like to thank Mini Lop Fan for this post
michaels4gardens

Post Number:#3  Unread postby golden rabbitry » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:16 pm

I am selling a peidreed holland doe for $60, mini rex mix breeding doe for $30, and a mini rex holland baby for $20.

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Mini Lop Fan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:09 pm

Wow, where I live Holland Lops seem to sell well. That is strange you can't sell it, although the market does vary by area.... :/ It may work to list the mixed breed ones as pets if you think their temperament it sweet enough.

Post Number:#5  Unread postby golden rabbitry » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:16 am

The problem is since pet stores no longer can sell small animals the costumers have no idea where to find rabbits and we don't know how to find them

The following user would like to thank golden rabbitry for this post
michaels4gardens

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Mini Lop Fan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:47 pm

The best advice I can give is if you don't have a social media presence-especially Facebook-there is very few other ways to get your name out there. Are you connected with any rabbits groups in your area? If you are, you should really take advantage of them and post at least once a week.
One other option you have is spreading your business by word of mouth by getting your friends to recommend you. :)

The following user would like to thank Mini Lop Fan for this post
golden rabbitry

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 11,851.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:52 am

I used to put a business card or note, on the board at feed stores.. do feed stores even have bulletin boards anymore?..
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

The following user would like to thank michaels4gardens for this post
golden rabbitry

Post Number:#8  Unread postby golden rabbitry » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:04 pm

I put posters up on the billboards about 2 days ago. I have a facebook for my rabbitry but it aint much

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 425.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby dfr1973 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:29 pm

Leave your flyer up ... you never know when someone will see and call (sometimes from the bulletin board). I just got a call a couple hours ago, because the people saw my flyer and want laying hens. I sold a goat last month under the exact same conditions.

I should probably make up a new one, now that I have business cards to put with it.
Feed to breed!

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
South Africa Female
BunnyBucks: 2,715.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby LittleFluffyBunnies » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:39 am

I'm from South Africa, so your situation may very well be different, but you could at least look it up. When I have kits that won't sell I take them to petting zoos/touch farms. They don't pay me for them but they're usually happy to take them on and it gives the kits a home, and I don't have to cull. They at least get a chance, in my opinion. I've gone to a few, and not all care for the rabbits humanely, so do some looking around before you give kits to them. I like to go back and visit them later, too, to check how they're getting on.

Otherwise, join online groups and forums, keep your online presence strong, and post flyers. If you can't sell to a pet shop, maybe a pet shop could at least recommend you to buyers looking for rabbits when they're out of stock.
Breeding pet Dwarf and Dwarf Angora rabbits. A rabbit fanatic!
LittleFluffyBunnies Rabbitry-Breeding Quality Dwarf Rabbits in South Africa
http://www.littlefluffybunnies.weebly.com
https://www.instagram.com/littlefluffybunnies/

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 1,220.00

Post Number:#11  Unread postby hotzcatz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:27 am

FaceBook doesn't allow sales of animals on it's site and lately they've been cracking down on it. If you're relying on a FB ad for sales, it may not be getting out there.

Craig's List isn't keen on sales of pets, but livestock is okay. Not sure what other online options there are?
Hula Bunny Yarn from Hillside Farm Hawaii
http://www.hillsidefarmhawaii.com