Register

Rabbit Breed?

A place to post bits of news, ideas, musings and other things that don't really fit into the other forums.
BunnyBucks: 11.00

Rabbit Breed?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Leo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:57 pm

Hello all!

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I recently adopted an 8-week old doe bunny and am trying to figure out what breeds she might be. When I adopted her all I was told was that she was a mixed breed. I know it's very hard to tell, because so many rabbit breeds look so similar but, I was hoping someone might be able to give me some guesses as to her breed? I have made several posts on different rabbit forums and so far I've been told she looks like she might have some Flemish and English Spot in her? Her brother (the white bunny with black spots) looked to me like he might have some Rex in him as he had a velvet-like coat and curly whiskers (which I have been told is a Rex trait?). Thank you very much in advance for any guesses!
Attachments
20191105_151659.jpg
20191105_151659.jpg (187.56 KiB) Viewed 45 times

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 405.00

Re: Rabbit Breed?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby dfr1973 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:18 am

Velvety fur and curly whiskers sound very Rex-like. It's a recessive trait, so even if she is regular-furred, she carries the gene for Rex fur. I've noticed my half-Rexes tend to have nicer coats that the occasional non-Rex mix regular furred rabbits I've had.

2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 934.00

Re: Rabbit Breed?

Post Number:#3  Unread postby golden rabbitry » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:27 pm

Defiantly has some rex, maybe some holland lop, tends to be alot of meat mutts cause they throw big litters, maybe english spot? I have a rabbit like this and she has everything. She is a rescue and has: holland lop, mini rex, rex, every meat rabbit ever, lion head, dutch, and a few others we couldn't pin out. She's black with blue eyes and almost dappled in winter with blue. Total meat body and pinned nose You never know what you get when you rescue, sure your's is thankful you gave her a great home. Rescues are always the most loving