Register

may have to give up rabbits.

Off-topic Discussions, Member News, Funny Stories and Jokes.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,365.00

may have to give up rabbits.

Post Number:#1  Unread postby a7736100 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:55 pm

First it's getting hard to handle 50 pound bags of feed. Second, I'm forgetting once a while to feed all the rabbits because my cages are in several different spots. Third, I'm forgetting to close the cage doors more often. Good thing is it's the top cage doors that I leave open and the rabbits tend not to jump out.

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 11,796.00

Re: may have to give up rabbits.

Post Number:#2  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:56 pm

too bad about that,
I find myself cutting back more and more also...
I guess, ... it is inevitable
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 1,190.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby hotzcatz » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:07 am

High protein feed comes in 40# bags....

Maybe scaling back would be a good thing? I've found that 18-22 rabbits are a lot easier to take care of than 24-36 rabbits.

I've also consolidated the hutches into one area and have piped in water. The females all live in big groups except when they're nesting, so that saves on opening hutch doors, too. It would be nice to figure out a self shutting and self locking hutch door, though.
Hula Bunny Yarn from Hillside Farm Hawaii
http://www.hillsidefarmhawaii.com

The following user would like to thank hotzcatz for this post
michaels4gardens

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 11,796.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:32 am

hotzcatz wrote:High protein feed comes in 40# bags....

Maybe scaling back would be a good thing? I've found that 18-22 rabbits are a lot easier to take care of than 24-36 rabbits.

I've also consolidated the hutches into one area and have piped in water. The females all live in big groups except when they're nesting, so that saves on opening hutch doors, too. It would be nice to figure out a self shutting and self locking hutch door, though.

I have put a gate latch and a spring,[or spring hinges] on the doors of outdoor wooden hutches, the spring closes the door, and it locks in place...
https://www.zoro.com/zoro-select-self-l ... 0wQAvD_BwE
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.