Galkowski?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScarletAcres

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone in this group had heard of them? They were a breeder I was directed to while seeking out Dwarf Hotots. I don't use fb a lot and would not even know where to look to see if they are a reputable breeder. Anyone here have info on them?

Oh my! That is awful! It was just an old iso ad of mine from back before I got my current breeds. I kind of gave up on getting them since they were so hard to come by in Iowa. Then someone recommended them to me and I thought I might as well consider them if I decided that I might still want the breed down the road.

But is it really awful? How accurate is the newspaper story? They cite frozen animals in the freezer as something bad. That sounds like snake food to me and they did have a ball python.

Rabbits, guinea pigs, domestic mice and rats - all of those are really small animals and it would be entirely possible to have hundreds of them in a small space and still have enough room for each one. They were showing the guinea pigs, so one would suppose they had proper care and nutrition or they'd not be in condition to show.

What kinds of cross species diseases are they supposed to be afflicting their children with? The newspaper cites possible diseases from the animals as child abuse?

This sort of thing may be "awful", but mostly from the standpoint of ignorant 'do gooders' causing havoc. I don't know anything other than what was written in the newspaper article, but newspaper articles are written to sell newspapers, not necessarily for precise accuracy. I also wouldn't be surprised to find out they were turned in by another show person who was mad or jealous of them. Animal control doesn't just descend upon folks without a complaint filed and many folks filing complaints do so for personal reasons that have nothing to do with animal welfare.

Latest posts

Back