A brand new start, take two!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
Gosh, is it only 2.5 months, really? Blimey, so much has happened in those few weeks that I get mental whiplash just thinking about it all!

The short version: We ran away to the UK.

Now we are only 3 blocks from my mum, all three teens are in school, the younger two in Secondary School and the eldest in the first of two free years of college and we are loving it!

Right before we ran their father started the procedure again to gain full custody which, since we had no money to fight him off this time, would have put us in a very bad possition indeed so the escape was truly that, an escape.

4,000 miles is a lovely distance to be from that kind of mega controlling bs.

We are living NOW, not for some distant future freedom but have grabbed our lives in both hands because this is OUR life, not his.

Oh, and I said NO LIVESTOCK until Spring which is why, I guess, there is now a rescue bunny in the courtyard. A lionhead mix buck, very sweet and no great brain. :lol:

Shea":1vkawny2 said:
Congrats! And good luck keeping it to just the 1 rescue. :D

Not a hope! :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 am __________ <br /><br />
michaels4gardens":1vkawny2 said:
wonderful,
glad you broke free,
wish you the very best...

Thank you so much :D so far it has been the best thing we have ever done. :cool:

Homer":3frkju46 said:
Congrats! And good luck keeping it to just the 1 rescue. :D

Not a hope! :lol:

That's kind of what I was thinking. :p

Hope it's going to be better for you there. Tell the Queen I said HI! :lol:

I will tell the Queen hi for you! :lol:

Congrats for getting away from a horrible situation. I just left a similar one myself and taken control of my life once more.

ScarletAcres":c0n9b246 said:
Congrats for getting away from a horrible situation. I just left a similar one myself and taken control of my life once more.

Never easy but oh so good to do! Well done yourself! :D

Perfect timing for free university! A lot of folks don't realize how many universities in Europe are either free or have really reduced tuition. Instead of getting into massive student debt, becoming a world traveler is so much better!

Have a cuppa and scone for me!

hotzcatz":2789ub0c said:
Perfect timing for free university! A lot of folks don't realize how many universities in Europe are either free or have really reduced tuition. Instead of getting into massive student debt, becoming a world traveler is so much better!

Have a cuppa and scone for me!

If student debt came with a guaranteed job at the end of it, to pay for it, then it might, MIGHT!!! be worth it.

As it is, it is TOTALLY INSANE!

Education (and two free years of college) was one of the big reasons for bolting. :D <br /><br /> __________ Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:16 am __________ <br /><br /> Just in from a long cold walk along the cliff above the sea. Now having tea and loving every sip! :D

Latest posts

Back